Any recommendations for wireless computer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Must be................
Big face (easy to read) as I wear distance spec's for riding.
Easy/simple to use (my last one seemed just soooo complicated.
Fairly basic......current speed/distance etc.-dont need it to make the tea.
Not affected by car electrics (think I read that some can go haywire)

Did I see/read about one that can be transferred between bikes?? (may have dreampt that)
Thanks

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've got a Cateye Strada Wireless and I really can't fault it. Tap the name into the Search box (top right) and see what other people think of it.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 1765094, member: 45"]Does it have to be wireless? I ask because-

• Wired is much cheaper
  • With wired you'll never get any interference problems
  • With wired you only need one battery, wireless needs 2 or sometimes three.
[/quote]
Thinking wired so I can easily swap it between 2 bikes.

Fubar

Guru
I've got a Cateye Strada Wireless and I really can't fault it. Tap the name into the Search box (top right) and see what other people think of it.

+1 for the Cateye Strada Wireless, though mine is the mini version so quite small - though I can still read it without my glasses on and that's saying something!

Gary E

Veteran
Another vote for the Cateye Strada. Although it is a bit on the small side.

For this reason I use a Cateye Velo Wireless on my second bike. All the good bits that the Strada has but a nice big easy to read screen.

It has just one button (so very easy to use), you can buy second bike kits (wheel sensor and mount) so it'll swap between bikes and in well over 2,000 miles I've never had any problems with interferance.

You can pick them up new on eBay for around £15 :thumbsup:

andrew_s

Legendary Member

• Wired is much cheaper
[/quote]

+1

All wireless computers except the most expensive/complicated ones suffer from interference from things like LED lights or traffic detector loops in the road.

Based on the general recommendations I would if I was looking for similar go with a Cateye product. Based on experience I can suggest that you do not get a Sigma Sports and in particular a Sigma Sports ROX 9.

BTW I use a Garmin Edge 800 but suspect that is more than you need buy it can be moved from bike to bike. Maybe the Garmin Edge 200 would tick the boxes for you?

Andrew

lejogger

Guru
Yep.. another for the cateye strada wireless. The numbers saying how fast you're going are big enough to glance at on the go easily enough - but then I don't wear glasses.
I have one on each bike, but yes, they do have the function to enter a secondary bike's info on so you can switch between steeds.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris

• Wired is much cheaper
[/quote]
Another vote here for keeping it cheap and simple. Also, in my experience the battery lasts longer on wired types - up to two years on the better of my two speedos.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I was bike computer shopping this week, the cateye strada ones look really good.

Id been using a £5 computer from lidl that recently broke, possibly due to me fiddling around with the mount. Anyway i ended up buying another cheapy one because all the nice expensive ones dont have a backlight. Im not sure if you can read these in dark/low light anyway but seems backlights are annoyingly rare on these things.

Top Bottom