any recumbent riders near to wellingborough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
come on guys there must be somebody out there

BenM

Veteran
come on guys there must be somebody out there

Well I am in Weymouth.. so not really local, however rumour has it (no personal experience) that Kevin at D-Tek, based near Ely, is worth a visit; Ely is only 60 Miles from Wellingborough so well within a day trip distance (if you have a car that is! dunno about public transport)

B.

byegad

Legendary Member
I've visited Kevin, and sold him my AZUB when I was getting out of two wheels altogether.

He has a lot of bikes and trikes to ride. You do need to make an appointment before you go.

I'm based out of Sywell, so just down the road.
But its going to be 2 or 3 weeks before I'm home off my tour of the UK.

I'm another one who would agree about going to see Kevin/ D-Tek, in Little Thetford, near Ely.
That way you can spend a morning/afternoon try different bents and find one that suits you.

Luck ............... :biggrin:

tigerbiten are you saying you have one i can have a try on if so let me know as very local :biggrin:

You can sit on it and have a go.
As I'm left arm disabled, its setup with all the controls on the right.
But its set up for my size at this moment, 5' 8", and I don't really want to move the front boom as it a pain getting it back square.

Also I'm hopefully getting my new trike before the end of the month.
So after that any adjustment is fine.

Ps. You'll see me cycling somewhere around the Northampton/Wellingborough/Kettering triangle most days.
The trailer behind the bent trike makes my bike fairly unique.

Pps. Best place to meet up if you want a look at it and a chat about pros and cons of three wheel bents would probably somewhere like Pitsford res.
If you want to meet up this sunday, I'm doing the FNRttC this weekend so sat is out, let me know a time.

Luck .......... :biggrin:

Top Bottom