Anybody been to Coed Llandegla Forest?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Francesca

Francesca

:ohmy:err judging from the replies....I guess no is the answer!:smile:

lukesdad

Francesca you really need to ask the mods to move this to the mtb section you ll get plenty of replies there.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Yes, I've been with my family. There are routes to suit all ages and abilities. All the routes have the same start - rather winding and gently uphill. It is worth it though, because the descents are great fun - I've never done the most technical descent, but I've ridden there quite a few times with my youngster in a child seat right behind me. If I can do it, anyone can !

It is a scenic area and yet quite sheltered from the weather; I really recommend it !

There is a modest fee for parking and afterwards, I'd suggest a visit to the excellent cafe . . . grab a table before you queue for food & drink !

OP
OP
Francesca

Francesca

Yes, I've been with my family. There are routes to suit all ages and abilities. All the routes have the same start - rather winding and gently uphill. It is worth it though, because the descents are great fun - I've never done the most technical descent, but I've ridden there quite a few times with my youngster in a child seat right behind me. If I can do it, anyone can !

It is a scenic area and yet quite sheltered from the weather; I really recommend it !

There is a modest fee for parking and afterwards, I'd suggest a visit to the excellent cafe . . . grab a table before you queue for food & drink !
cheers for that^_^

lukesdad

Blimey pubby mtb descents ! Whatever next ? You ll be blowing me away on the next CC ride :thumbsup:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
yes. good fun. something for all levels but the really good might find some bits a bit dull

but is in Wales, and in gogland at that. All four seasons in one day and occasionally unfriendly locals, especially the English ones.

the cafe is great but there isn't iirc much accommodation locally.

subaqua

What’s the point
yes. good fun. something for all levels but the really good might find some bits a bit dull

but is in Wales, and in gogland at that. All four seasons in one day and occasionally unfriendly locals, especially the English ones.

the cafe is great but there isn't iirc much accommodation locally.

the Wenglish are what you need to watch out for. born in Wales grew up in Wales and can't speak a tap of Welsh. and hate saes ( like me ) who can use the language. I was born over the border but spent my first 25 years in Wales
FWIW Coed Llandegla means Llandegla Forest so there isn't a need to use Coed Llandegla Forest. The pub on the crossroads of A525 and A5104 used to be very good not been in for a while now .

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
the Wenglish are what you need to watch out for. born in Wales grew up in Wales and can't speak a tap of Welsh. and hate saes ( like me ) who can use the language. I was born over the border but spent my first 25 years in Wales
FWIW Coed Llandegla means Llandegla Forest so there isn't a need to use Coed Llandegla Forest. The pub on the crossroads of A525 and A5104 used to be very good not been in for a while now .

Believe it or not, this son of Sussex was once reasonably fluent in Cymraeg, 20+ years ago. A case of having to be as we did so much work for S4C bur sadly, also a case of 'use it or lose it'. All I have left is fragments. Both our children were born in Wales but the parts I visit most often now, Llanidloes and Haverford, well you rarely here it spoken unless you know where to go.

Up north, I've consistently found the unfriendliest people to be (arrogant) English incomers from the NW and Midlands.....

subaqua

What’s the point
Believe it or not, this son of Sussex was once reasonably fluent in Cymraeg, 20+ years ago. A case of having to be as we did so much work for S4C bur sadly, also a case of 'use it or lose it'. All I have left is fragments. Both our children were born in Wales but the parts I visit most often now, Llanidloes and Haverford, well you rarely here it spoken unless you know where to go.

Up north, I've consistently found the unfriendliest people to be (arrogant) English incomers from the NW and Midlands.....

also known from my diving days on the south west riviera and out of Plymouth as "Birmingham Navy" .

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Blimey pubby mtb descents ! :thumbsup:

I've done some of the routes at Llandegla with a 'Kiddyseat' attached and a few times, I've even taken my youngster on a 'tag-a-long' - we were both laughing, on the descents . . . entirely out of fear, on my part !

Next time, I'm considering taking him on our tandem - could be fun.

Whatever next ? You ll be blowing me away on the next CC ride :thumbsup:

No chance whatever of that !!!

Since I last saw you, I've cycled fewer than 100 miles in total ! Though I must say, I usually only cycle about 100 miles between September & March. (I don't cycle much further between April & August either . . . ^_^)

I was determined to lose weight faster and more effecively than Banjo; however, I've decided to give him a chance this year, by 'beefing up' and putting on a few more pounds :laugh: .

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I'll take the good lady (not a rider really) and see if the bug bites!

I think that your good lady will like it; in terms of effort, the hardest bit is from the very start - winding (gently) up hill for a fair distance. Nothing very arduous though, so long as you don't start off too quickly. (Make sure that she does an appropriate route - even the shorter routes require a degree or time and effort; but ability wise, they are not 'technical' )

The cafe is very close to the carpark; when you've finished, load up your bikes and then take your good lady to the 'log cabin' cafe - food and drinks are very good and reasonably priced. It is usually best to 'bag' a table before queuing for food, unless it is obviously quiet.

Oh yes, there are some marked routes for walkers within the forest; so you can take non-cyclists along and they can get in some exercise. If they don't wish to exert themselves, they can always sit in the cafe and watch the MTB videos on the big screen TV.

Something for everyone, really. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom