Anyone been off'd by a passenger shouting recently?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
http://uk.answers.ya...07tUkKclGQCFf9S

Sounds like evidence to me... not impressed myself.

Had one the other day shout something which was not a clever thing to do as i was in a right mood after lack of sleep on baby feeding duty ! Even more not so clever was when i caught it up at the next pile of congestion he went all sheepish at my request of what did he say !!! Boy was i not in the mood for tossers that day !!!!

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Had one the other day shout something which was not a clever thing to do as i was in a right mood after lack of sleep on baby feeding duty ! Even more not so clever was when i caught it up at the next pile of congestion he went all sheepish at my request of what did he say !!! Boy was i not in the mood for tossers that day !!!!

I dont blame you for being pissed off. Last time it happened to me I reacted by swerving and nearly hitting a kerb. So I can see how the guy might have got injured. Given that I was doing about 30 at the time I was not impressed.

I've described this incident before on the forums but let me re-iterate.

About five years ago a passenger in an overtaking car punched me on the ear. I didn't fall off and was not injured, but I got the numberplate and so I called the police.

The driver was traced and apparently shopped his own passenger. This is what I was told by the police. As a consequence, I gave the police a statement and the passenger was brought to book and cautioned, but the driver got off scot-free. Maybe this was right - maybe not. I was satisfied with the outcome.

barongreenback

Über Member
I was screamed at by some chav scum last year on the way back from the hospital (where my wife had given birth to my daughter the previous day). I was lucky to stay on the bike and not end up with a broken neck at the bottom of a ditch.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
What sort of complete twunt needs to ask the OP question in the first place? :angry:

Ask them if they were on a bike would they be impressed with some of the sh1t doled out to cyclists? :angry:

I think not........! :angry:

Then why do they do it? :wacko:

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
What sort of complete twunt needs to ask the OP question in the first place? :angry:

Ask them if they were on a bike would they be impressed with some of the sh1t doled out to cyclists? :angry:

I think not........! :angry:

Then why do they do it? :wacko:

It is a cowardly act that somehow makes them feel big. They then run away in their protective environment. I'm sure that if they walked past someone and tried to do it face to face they'd bottle it... if they did they might get a shouting down or a slap.

Syphon

Cycling in the peeing down rain the dark the other night. Car passes me going the other way and a stranger's voice from the passenger side window in the darkness shouts "waaaanker".

I haven't been commuting for long, but I just thought what the hell? They put their window down in heavy rain to shout that at a cyclist they don't know and couldn't even see properly.

I laughed and thought to myself how sad.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
That would be my reaction too.

I'm still surprised to hear that some cyclists are blown clean off their bikes by vocal activity by nearby humans.

That would NOT be my reaction.

Sorry, but people like this need bringing down a peg or two.

Sadly EVERY time* this happens, my invite for them to discuss it further has resulted in them driving away......................strange?

*From memory 5-6 times in 4-5 years

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
That would be my reaction too.

I'm still surprised to hear that some cyclists are blown clean off their bikes by vocal activity by nearby humans.

My guess is you either have a) superb quality roads b) no deisel/oil spills c) they passed further out than the 3 feet recomended distance at at reasonable speed or d) are making it up as to your riding prowess. :whistle:

Accept that people are different.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I can accept that people are different, and I'm not claiming to be a special rider, very ordinary in fact. I just find it surprising, it's not something I've heard of before.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can accept that people are different, and I'm not claiming to be a special rider, very ordinary in fact.  I just find it surprising, it's not something I've heard of before.
I find it really surprising that you find it surprising!

I had a car load of chavs suddenly appear out of nowhere and one of them screamed so loudly into my ear that it hurt. I didn't crash but I must have swerved a couple of feet or so. If somebody popped a balloon behind your head, wouldn't you jump?

Watch the car overtake the ghostly cyclist in this video. Do you really think that is a safe overtaking manoeuvre?

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeNgGpLucgM[/media]

:thumbsup:

Top Bottom