Anyone else get this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PBancroft

Lately I've been seeing a lot of cars giving an extra wide berth to bikes as they go past... paying no attention to cars coming the other way.

Oh, the number of times I've winced expecting a head on collision and a big mess. So have many of the oncoming vehicles, judging by the flashing of lights, panicked expressions and feet heavily pressed to the brakes.

Tynan

Veteran
had it this morning as it happens

I don't like it because I expect them to then swerve back in in a panic without looking

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Funny, i was thinking that the other day, the number of times i've heard horns sounded from cars coming the other way has definitely gone up lately.

I wonder if the school holidays mean that drivers who are off work are not in 'combat' mode, and that arriving somewhere 30 seconds later isn't the end of the world ?

mattybain

Wow, I had been thinking that recently as well and this morning a car did just this and actually clipped the wing mirror of the car coming the other way!! pulled it clean off. Was a bit of a mess and to be honest I think I was quite close to getting hit by some of the shrapnel.

Still prefer these to the very odd close overtake I get.

On the whole I am very impressed with most Manchester drivers and I seem to get very little of the abuse that other people seem to experience *touch wood*

Top Bottom