1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else listening to The News Quiz?

Discussion in 'News and Current Affairs' started by Hugh Manatee, 12 Jan 2018.

1. Hugh Manatee

Hugh Manatee Veteran

On R4 right now. Repeated tomorrow at 12:30.

Worth a listen!

slow scot likes this.
  2. Spinney

Spinney Bimbleur extraordinaire Staff Member

I get the podcast of that every week and listen while I'm jogging or doing boring garden jobs. Excellent programme. In fact you can get the news quiz extra on podcast, which is 40 or 45 minutes, instead of the 30 min broadcast version.

Beebo and Hugh Manatee like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Hugh Manatee

Hugh Manatee Veteran

You'll enjoy your run this week. Some chap from the Daily Heil been brave enough to appear!

I have always wondered why the teams seem to both get two points for each question but still one team ends up winning! Something must happen in the lost 10 minutes.

Spinney likes this.
  4. I wait for the extra version, download it via the radio player.

5. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

D9D7F3CE-EC6D-4884-8714-073E63A6F5C6.jpeg

I’m a podcast listener too.

Miles Jupp has come a long way since I used to watch him on Balamory with my kids.

Fab Foodie and potsy like this.
  6. Regulator

Regulator Not a SPM snowflake.

Same here.

7. Tim Hall

Tim Hall Guru

Just catching News Quiz Extra. Peter Oborne doesn't appear to have a sense of humour.

Salty seadog likes this.
  8. winjim

winjim A youth of interminable age

Either that or he's playing up beautifully to Daily Mail type and being really really dry. He might just be the finest straight man in comedic history.

9. Regulator

Regulator Not a SPM snowflake.

He’s not intelligent enough...

10. sheddy

sheddy Veteran

he expected a sensible quiz about the news
    Twit

11. I love that he seemed to expect a news satire to equally focus on the government and the opposition. The throwaway nature of the Corbyn joke* is an indicator of how unimportant the Labour Party is at the moment.

*Something like cabinet reshuffle... moving the jam closer to the spice rack