Anyone got a spare car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
I thought it said "spare cat" and given I'm thinking about buying some new carpet for the stairs you could probably have had at least one. Collection only though.

Night Train

Maker of Things
User1314 said:
Can't imagine cycling back with a cat in my rucksack.
Can't put a cat in a rucksack, you need a basket on your handlebars with a bit of red gingham over it.:biggrin:

I did give away a 'spare' car once. It was a 2 litre fuel injection Rover Montego estate with all the optional extras. It cost too much to insure and fuel so I gave it to my neighbours. They had spent months preparing a an old Bedford van for a camping holiday and then it failed it's MOT due to severe rust. I took pity on them and gave them the Montego so that they could still have their holiday.
They were a bunch of lovely bikers, the leather and chains type as opposed to the lycra type.

Anyway, I am sure there are plenty of cars for sale that will suit you. Have you thought of just taking yours to a dealer and getting one that way? You might get more then it is worth as a part exchange.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Don't have one to spare personally, but would recommend that you look at a peugeot 207 Sport Wagon (Estate) they did a ltd edition Quiksilver version that comes with roof bars and 1.4 or 1.6 for around £3,000 you should get one in good order with around 30-40k on the clock.

Not a huge fan of Pugs in general but these are great little runabouts with a fair amount of space in the back.

Gromit

Über Member
I don't know, me and my friend Sarah took out cat Billa to the vet wrapped in a blanket. She also put her in a rucksack with her head poking out. She was a bit like a bag of angry washing. :biggrin:

Over the years i've had many different makes of car as Taxis and if i was looking for a medium sized estate car on past record i would buy either

Skoda Octavia or Ford Focus

The peugeot 206 is a nice looking car but nowhere near as well built as the Skoda or Ford ... in fact most of the french stuff is quite flimsy in comparrison

Simon

Night Train

Maker of Things
How about this Skoda?
Same age as mine but less then half the mileage I've done and my one is still running great.

I'm still running a Skoda Octavia and as Taxis they dont get the easiest of lives but mine has 155,000 on the clock and all i've had to replace is a water pump which had'nt gone but as i was having a new cam belt fitted it seemed sensible to stick a new pump on whilst everything else was out

Simon

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Jakes Dad said:
Over the years i've had many different makes of car as Taxis and if i was looking for a medium sized estate car on past record i would buy either

Skoda Octavia or Ford Focus

The peugeot 206 is a nice looking car but nowhere near as well built as the Skoda or Ford ... in fact most of the french stuff is quite flimsy in comparrison

Simon

I agree with you 100%.... but you can't get a Focus or Octavia with 30k on the clock for £3,000. IMO a german with 100k on the clock is a better buy than a frenchie with 70,000miles less, but if you want low mileage and low money then you have to go french! They are not THAT bad anymore... Modern Megane's, Clio's and 207's are fine.

Wigsie said:
but if you want low mileage and low money then you have to go french! They are not THAT bad anymore... Modern Megane's, Clio's and 207's are fine.

Wigsie .. i was'nt really slating the french stuff i was just saying that they are a bit flimsy in comparison

I have also got a Citroen Xsara Picasso which is used as a Taxi and i bought it in August 2008 with 11,000 miles on the clock it now has 79,000 and its been trouble free and around the town it will return over 50 mpg and on a long run it easily achieves 65 mpg and as you say they are very good value for money

Simon

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Jakes Dad said:
Wigsie .. i was'nt really slating the french stuff i was just saying that they are a bit flimsy in comparison

I have also got a Citroen Xsara Picasso which is used as a Taxi and i bought it in August 2008 with 11,000 miles on the clock it now has 79,000 and its been trouble free and around the town it will return over 50 mpg and on a long run it easily achieves 65 mpg and as you say they are very good value for money

Simon

Agreed, nice arse BTW! :biggrin:;)

Top Bottom