Anyone got an A-bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
They're meant to be quite good for distances such as from the kitchen to the front room, any more than that you're better off walking.

BenM

Veteran
Tiny wheels so ideally suited to road use :sad: the alternative is to ride on the relatively smooth pavements... which would be fine if it weren't illegal.

I think it is a solution looking for a problem and ignoring the rather obvious issues on the way.

B.

Tynan

Veteran
seen one a few months ago, it looked mad and unsafe to me, very top heavy on a small wheelbase and with small wheels

it was going slow in some silly gear

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Well, one point in thier favour is that they're very light and fold up very small. They leave a Brompton for dead in the folding stakes, and as a bike to carry around they're fantastic.
As a bike to ride they are completely $hite in every conceivable respect. I've never ridden anything so relentlessly horrid.
Not only would I rather walk, I'd rather hack my feet off with a rusty tyre lever and then walk.

Tynan

Veteran
Sir Clive SInclair is the inventor it seems

Someone remind me of his last famous invention and how practical that turned out to be

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Did that not come across as a glowing recommendation then?

Clive didn't invent the Eh?-Bike he was merely wheeled out to help with the er... 'marketing' such as it was. It was designed by an agency in't Far East whose most successful products are those underwater electric diving scooter thingies. They work slightly less badly under the arse of a smaller sort of person.

The Doc is right. They are very cool - yet completely shite.

I had one. I prefer my XL Microscooter which is lighter, faster, cheaper and folds to a smaller package more quickly.

Norm

Aside from anything else, with the seat pretty much over the back axle, I reckon keeping the front "wheel" (more like a castor) on the ground would be a challenge.

Top Bottom