Anyone having a "cycling" holiday this year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
It's not something Mrs. Admin will consider, and whilst little Ms. Admin is still little I can't escape with cycling mates for a jolly, but just wondered if any of you have a cycling holiday planned this year at all?

And do you take a cycling one as well as a family one (or are they one in the same)?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
A few long weekends at the CRC MTB Marathons will be my holidays :smile:

TrevorM

Yep our family holiday this year is the Danube cycle path from Passau to Vienna. Did it in 2008 when they were 11 and 13. They asked to do it again this year

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
I am planning on spending 4 weeks this summer touring round UK, this will consist of using the car to get to designated points, then spending 2/3 camping & touring the area on our bikes, seeing the sights, points of intrest etc, then driving to the next point.
Not a tradition style tour, but with 2 boys under 8, one of which has physical disabilities as well as being autistic, it's the nearest we can get!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Family holiday with Mrs A_T, taking her M+D and nutty aunty [81, 85 and 79] to Devon soon but no room for a bike due to wheelchair and kitchen sink... but the banter is worth it!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
European Bike Express to Beaune, pedal into Switzerland and then the Danube to Vienna. Sleeper train to Amsterdam. A couple of days sampling cafe culture then ferry to Hull, train to Leeds. One night at home then a train to Edinburgh for the Fringe Festival for three days and that will be August more or less accounted for unless I then go to Solfest.

I usually do two ....

One on my own im March for a few days. Typically one of the longer Sustrans Routes or similar. THen a slower and shoreter route in the Summer with the wife. Last year was the Great Glen.

This year due ot exams I managed a circular (Portsmouth Shoreham, East Grinstead, Woking Portsmouth) and due to my wife recovering from a broken ankle we will be doing some pottering day rides in Kent as our cycling week.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
We have done quite a few long weekends over the last few years (all in Scotland or Northumberland so far), but not a "biggie" yet ... the most recent one was 3 days of sunshine across Perthshire/Stirlingshire/Dunbartonshire a couple of weeks ago.

If anybody is looking for inspiration, have a look in the touring section, plenty of examples of cycling holidays there (from long weekends to looooong ones :tongue: ).

T

Top Bottom