Anyone hear about some bloke who's...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

..presumed lost in north wales (dolgellau) - last seen by a walker, going MTB'ing...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7335516.stm

Page last updated at 18:12 GMT, Monday, 7 April 2008 19:12 UK
E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Search for missing mountain biker

Police are working with search teams to find Mr Walker
A search has been launched by North Wales Police for a 30-year-old man who has not been since Saturday.

Greg Walker, from Widnes, Cheshire, was staying in the Llanelltyd area near Dolgellau.

He had his mountain bike with him when he spoke to his father by phone at about 2130 BST and said he was in Tynygroes.

He said he was heading back to his caravan at a site in Llanelltyd, near Dolgellau.

Search and rescue teams using dogs and the force helicopter are involved in the search.

Mr Walker is between 5ft 6in - 5ft 8in (1.67m - 1.72m), of slim build with short dark blond hair, blue eyes and he wears glasses.

Police said he was last seen wearing a white hooded top, blue jeans, white and blue trainers and a white and blue baseball cap.

He was riding a red-coloured Raleigh bike.

ChrisKH

Guru
Why would you go MTB'ing in a hooded top, jeans and a baseball cap? It's not exactly de rigeur is it. Are they sure it wasn't just a POB? I mean there are mountain bikers and there are mountain bikers. He doesn't sound like one.

barq

Given how seriously most MTBers take themselves in that part of the world (and god knows I'm one of them - twice a year anyway) I'm guessing he's not a 'serious' rider in the sense that many of us would understand. But I hope they find him, that's a bleak place to be outdoors for long 'serious' rider or not.

Top Bottom