Anyone heard of this incident ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J4CKO

My mum told me about and incident between the husband of someone she works with in Wythenshawe, South Manchester, he was on his bike and had a run in with a driver, drive follows and then uses his car to try and crush the cyclist into the back of a stationary Bus, cyclist not injured as I think the bike took the brunt of it, cyclist then hits driver and gets arrested for assault, assault charge then dropped by the Police having seen some CCTV footage from the Bus, driven apparently looking at either an Attempted Murder charge or at the very least Dangerous Driving.

Its all second hand some some details may not be 100 percent but scary to think someone would do that but then Wythenshawe can be an interesting place, I got ran off the road not far from there by a Van driver.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
My mum told me about and incident between the husband of someone she works with in Wythenshawe, South Manchester, he was on his bike and had a run in with a driver, drive follows and then uses his car to try and crush the cyclist into the back of a stationary Bus, cyclist not injured as I think the bike took the brunt of it, cyclist then hits driver and gets arrested for assault, assault charge then dropped by the Police having seen some CCTV footage from the Bus, driven apparently looking at either an Attempted Murder charge or at the very least Dangerous Driving.

Its all second hand some some details may not be 100 percent but scary to think someone would do that but then Wythenshawe can be an interesting place, I got ran off the road not far from there by a Van driver.

Sounds like it was a bloody good job the scum tried to run the bike into a bus - a lorry or other non-CCTV vehicle and the initial arrest for assault might have stuck!

downfader

extimus uero philosophus

Keep hearing similar stories down south. "Mate of a mate knows this bloke.. yadda yadda.." I think its mostly bluster to put people off cycling. :wacko: You could do a google news search for key words related to the area and the events described.

OP
OP
J

J4CKO

Fairly certain it happened as the chain isn't that long and my mum works with the ladies husband, will update as more details comes out.

Crankarm

Guru
Sounds like it was a bloody good job the scum tried to run the bike into a bus - a lorry or other non-CCTV vehicle and the initial arrest for assault might have stuck!

Yes like the awful Met police and CPS who charged and took a cyclist all the way to court claiming he had assualted a taxi driver who was strangling him. The prosecution witness for the taxi driver never showed but two independent witnesses one in an adjacent shop and another on a bus came forward to police to say the taxi driver was the agressor and was telling big fat porkies, meaning the prosecution case was a crock of sh1t. The plods ignored the guys who told them they had witnessed everything and the cyclist was not at fault. They ignored them and did nothing probably because the actual truth of what happened did not fit with who they wanted to nail - the cyclist. Truly shocking. (Sorry Vike you seem to be one of the very very small minority of cops who want to do a thorough job with integrity).

Cyclists are vulnerable enough with all these tosspot pyschos on the road without the police and CPS then being so INCOMPETENT failing to conduct a proper investigation and fitting up cyclists. This is the sort of thing that used to happen in South Africa or which happens in Zimbabwe, except it is the UK!

I wonder if things will change round our way (East Manchester) now weve got loads of bobbies on bikes.
They are not too obviously police, but I bet they get a similar 'incidents' and examples of bad driving that other cyclists get... and can do something about it.

potsy

Rambler
Not heard of that incident Jacko and I'm fairly close by.
There have been 2 shootings round there though in last few weeks
sad.gif

biking_fox

Guru
I've not heard of it. You can look at the GMP website for the latest 'Appeals for witnesses' and "news". They aren't very forthcoming about incidents though - the fire brigade are much better.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
sad.gif

One of those was when my brother was on duty at Wythy Hospital - he was too busy with a patient to turn round as the guy was wheeled past. Comment made was that the guy 'wouldn't see much more of the day'. That said, the shooting was gang related.

dav1d

sad.gif

There was gang shooitng a while ago, and I think they stabbed people - gang from Moss Side had gone to Wythenshawe, and people were told to stay indoors.
But for some reason, the vast majority of it was covered up by the police, newspapers and news reports - they just said about either one shooting or one knife attack (can't remember which), but no mention of any gang or machine guns or people having to stay indoors with their TV signals blocked.

Top Bottom