Anyone in East Herts ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CPD

Veteran
I am pretty much a complete beginner and looking to see if there is anyone in Bishops STortford/Harlow area who would fancy a few rides out in company ?. I have a hybrid and looking to build fitness and distance.

C

chillyuk

CPD said:
I am pretty much a complete beginner and looking to see if there is anyone in Bishops STortford/Harlow area who would fancy a few rides out in company ?. I have a hybrid and looking to build fitness and distance.

You aren't that bloke who left me for dead on the way to Matching Green this morning are you, then popped out near White Roding while I was having a coffee.

I am in Harlow and ride alone, mainly on a hybrid. I often ride over to Hoddesdon and around that part of the world. the other way as well over to Hatfield Heath and the lanes around the area. I rarely head up to BS during the working week, the road between Harlow and Sawbridgeworth puts the sh*ts up me!

I am 62 years old, tend to ride between 10 and 15 miles an hour (more 10 then 15:wacko:), and am happy at distances at present up to 30 miles. I am retired so only ride during the day, never at night in the dark. Give an example I did 30 this morning in two and a half hours. Is that too slow for you.

Maizie

Veteran
I really only cycle for commuting at the moment, but home is Bishop's Stortford and work is Harlow :tongue: So just wanted to wave hello at those in the area!

stevevw

Guru
I am in Watton at Stone and go out most Sundays with the Watton Wheelers. May be a bit far from Stortford for you (15 miles) but the rides are for any one from complete novice to ex racers and are always at the pace of the slowest rider.

We also have a Cycle Chat ride on the 29th December if any of you Herts - Essex riders are interested.

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=47506

wyno70

I live in North Weald (near Epping) and my rides often take me in Bishops Stortford direction (through the lanes). I avoid Harlow at all costs!!

At the moment I've just started a new job so it's diffidult for me to commit to anything other than a long weekend ride. My routes often take me round the Matching Green, Hatfield Heath, Hatfield Forest area, albeit that I do head towards London, aiming for High beach if I fancy some hills!!

Rides are normally about 16/17mph and I probably won't do more than 45 miles until march kinda time, so if that sounds about right and you want to meet up, then PM me.

Top Bottom