Anyone in Essex up for a ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigfella

Über Member
I have a hard tail Giant XTC SE, wondering if anyone is in Essex. Perhaps show me the routes/rides so I can get fit again.

Maybe something regular?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Hi Big Fella This one coming up on 2nd May start point Manningtree http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=26839

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
bigfella said:
I'll have a look thanks, going to see about a rack for the car. I have one but its for a hatchback!

Several others will be catching the train from London Liverpool Street as long as there are not engineering works on the line. For me a nice 20 mile warm up ride :angry:

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
Well I'm on the C2C line which goes out towards Southend but I'm sure I could ride to the Liverpool St. line. I'll see how I get on with the rides to work. Its been some years since I've been into biking and I don't want to drag any fit cyclists down!

Sig SilverPrinter

rainham to romford station is only a couple of miles. i'll be going by train as long as they're not f*cked up by engineering work.these rides are really good fun nobody gets left behind.

bigfella said:
Well its a month away from now so I think its feasible - what bike do you have?

Sig has a fast bike with a big wodge of cherry cake stuck to the side! :biggrin:

Nah - big fella...no one gets left - Sig and FatFellowFromFixeditso are right. Do it. For me it's 132km from home and I'm wondering what time to get up...:biggrin:

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
Well I have just bought a load of gear for my bike now so I need to recoup some cost.

I will say yes for now, but need to get into it again - I haven't ridden properly for over 5 years.

Sig (hope you don't mind me calling you that) has been kind enough to show me the route into London. I am determined to ride to work and get into it now the mornings are brighter.

Hopefully that will give me a few rides to get used to things and I will come along.

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
Just been out this morning for 45 mins, rode around Ingrebourne Hill and back. Its been about 12-18 months since I've been on my bike!

Did only 4.5 miles in the end but I have just got back, showered and feeling pretty good after the exercise.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
bigfella said:
Just been out this morning for 45 mins, rode around Ingrebourne Hill and back. Its been about 12-18 months since I've been on my bike!

Did only 4.5 miles in the end but I have just got back, showered and feeling pretty good after the exercise.

That's the body releasing dopamine as a reward.

Enjoy.

Top Bottom