Anyone recognise this light?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cycling along the other day and coming towards me (in daylight) was another cyclist with an unusual front light. It was quite bright but instead of the normal flashing on-off the bright main light stayed on and strobe pulsed much brighter still. It was quite effective at getting itself noticed. Ring any bells?

GrasB

Veteran
Pint sized girl on a white bike, white/blue jacket with a dayglow pink bag in Cambridge? If so Exposure Joystick or Strada.

GrasB

Veteran
At night sure, both as the owner & observer. However during the day it's a really good way to get noticed & I don't find it that annoying.

All the Exposures do three modes, and the flash is simply the low power mode as the base and the high power mode switching in and out

All the Exposures do three modes, and the flash is simply the low power mode as the base and the high power mode switching in and out

Three? My Exposure Flash and Flare only do the two modes, the 'pulse' as described by Red Light and full on. Is there a way to get a third mode I don't know about? :smile:

Also, I like the pulse. It has the advantage of getting noticed via the flash effect, whilst making it easier for others to judge your speed, which can be handy if you're flying towards them at plus twenty!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Three? My Exposure Flash and Flare only do the two modes, the 'pulse' as described by Red Light and full on. Is there a way to get a third mode I don't know about? :smile:

Also, I like the pulse. It has the advantage of getting noticed via the flash effect, whilst making it easier for others to judge your speed, which can be handy if you're flying towards them at plus twenty!
You should have two lights anyway. One solid and one flashing to get the best of both worlds.

Norm

No, the Flash and Flare just have two modes. Cunobelin was thinking about the bigger Exposures, the "to see" lights (like the Race, Joystick, Strada etc mentioned above) rather than the "to be seen" lights like the Flash and Flare. Which isn't meant to be derogatory of the Flash and Flare as I've 3 of them and, battery issues aside, love them. But they just have two modes.

No, the Flash and Flare just have two modes. Cunobelin was thinking about the bigger Exposures, the "to see" lights (like the Race, Joystick, Strada etc mentioned above) rather than the "to be seen" lights like the Flash and Flare. Which isn't meant to be derogatory of the Flash and Flare as I've 3 of them and, battery issues aside, love them. But they just have two modes.

My apologies...
It seems Flash and Flare only have two modes

All the other Exposure have three intensity settings and flash

Their concept was that whichever light you bought the duration was the same, i.e. High Beam was three hours, Low Beam 10 Hours etc.

GrasB

Veteran
They dropped down to 2 steady illumination levels? That's a step backwards IMO. I really liked the 3 levels of my joystick - low for climbing/street lighting areas, medium unlit roads at normal speeds, high for fast flat riding & descents. I never really got on that well with my Strada having 2 modes & ended up with sub-optimal aiming of the light. Plus there wasn't enough distinction between high & low in strobe mode during the day, this resulted in the Joystick actually being more visible during the day despite having a single less powerful LED.

Top Bottom