Anyone thinking of getting some Gatorskins?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
If so, try a pair of these instead.

baloon1-01.png

Probably lighter, grippier and will resist puntures for 0.0005 seconds longer :smile:

gratts

Cheaper to boot!

I abandoned Gators for Schwalbe M+ a couple of months back based on my commuting experience of Gators over a 2 year period. Have to say that, now I have something to compare them to, I was alarmed by how easily even new Gators cut up and how frequently I had to dig glass and flints out of them, not always in time to prevent a catastrophic-loss-of-pressure-event. The Gators rolled marginally better than the M+ IMO, but reliability-wise, the M+ have already been way less trouble - no trouble, in fact - and show very little wear at all.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Sorry for the rant all :wacko:

I'm having problems at the moment with feeling fat and lazy and struggling with motivation.

All this combined with moving premises at work, a major audit coming up next week and persistent coughs and chest problems mean that I really value the very limited time I get on my bike.
The last 2 out of 3 times I've got the bike out, one of the tires has been puctured and on the last ride a small (not particularly sharp) flint push a big split through the rear tyre.
The bloody things are less than 500miles old whereas the original tyres, the stock ones that come wuth the SCR3 and seem to be universally loathed, gave me faultless performance for 1600miles.

Ah well, Shwalbe MP's for me then.......

MePower

Rant on, friend, rant on!:blush: Sometimes you get a run of problems with bikes, mine at the mo is spokes and broken hubs, and i`ve lost weight! Go figure :wacko: Keep going though, its all part of the experience. Its hard, but try and think positively, things will come good!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I have been using Gators for over two years without problems...

Cranky

When I had Gatorskins they were fine for the first 1000 miles, than I had three p**ctures in a week - two rear, one front. Changed to GP 4 seasons now.

Initially, I found Gators better than the Spesh Armadillos I had been using, but fell out of love after experiencing quick wear and the aforementioned propensity to cut up/deflate. Twice in consecutive days was the final straw...

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
MePower said:
Rant on, friend, rant on!:biggrin: Sometimes you get a run of problems with bikes, mine at the mo is spokes and broken hubs, and i`ve lost weight! Go figure :wacko: Keep going though, its all part of the experience. Its hard, but try and think positively, things will come good!

Thanks for the support :biggrin:

Chuffy said:
Gators rule in our household. They seem to either be loved or loathed for some reason.

I do very much get that impression. When I was researching which p**ctu*e proof tyre to go for, they seemed well regarded apart from by a few who seemed to hate them. Well, I'm firmly in that camp now :blush:

Top Bottom