1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone use MSN?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by wee_lass, 15 Jun 2008.

1. wee_lass

wee_lass New Member

sometimes its nice to have some 'live chat'

my msn id is in my profile.

2. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Are there any live chat rooms left in MSN wee_lass ?

My wife is a room owner for a mums chat group...i thought they all got closed with MSN and had to migrate somewhere else.

Or am i talking about something completely different ;)

3. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

MSN weren't the only one to do it either.

4. OP
    OP
    wee_lass

wee_lass New Member

no their are no live chat rooms, but u can add ppl to ur friends list and chat with them, and u can also have group chats too.

5. Night Train

Night Train Guest

I used to have MSN. It was fine chatting to one person but I couldn't handle it when another person started chatting with me or the person I was chatting with was chatting to someone else. I just couldn't keep track of the conversations.
    In the end I just kept one person to chat with, a rather georgeous friend in Canada.

6. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

A lot of these places got rid of chatrooms what seems many moons ago. Some of the ones on clubs were cool and worked pretty well. The tea thread seems to be the nearest thing we have to a chat room (in some ways perhaps not that far off).

7. kyuss

kyuss Über Member

MSN is so 2001, not to mention the fact it's a product of of the evil Microshaft. :ohmy:

I'm a fan of Skype for instant messaging. If you're using OS X though there is now Adium, a program that connects to all the instant messenger systems like MSN, AIM, Yahoo, MySpace, GoogleTalk, iChat, etc. Why limit yourself to one when you can have them all?

8. yenrod

yenrod Guest

MSN live chat :ohmy:

9. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

I have it, sign in everyday but dont talk much. I cant be talking to 2 or 3 people and be on the internet at the same time. My brain cant keep up. Although, it was msn that made my typing better and alot faster.

10. OP
    OP
    wee_lass

wee_lass New Member

i have skype too tho have never used it as have no friends their! lol

11. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Funnily enough, thats (2001) about when it was at it's height.
    The chat group my wife managed had a couple of hundred regular members worldwide, and they got enormous pleasure, contact and friendship from it.
    Quiz nights, help rooms...it was endless.
    Its morphed to another place now...but it's never been as good as it was then.
    Personal hatred of Microsoft (not mine incidentally) aside, those rooms gave a lot of people a lot of pleasure.