anyone use MSN?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
wee_lass said:
sometimes its nice to have some 'live chat'

my msn id is in my profile.

Are there any live chat rooms left in MSN wee_lass ?

My wife is a room owner for a mums chat group...i thought they all got closed with MSN and had to migrate somewhere else.

Or am i talking about something completely different ;)

Night Train

Maker of Things
I used to have MSN. It was fine chatting to one person but I couldn't handle it when another person started chatting with me or the person I was chatting with was chatting to someone else. I just couldn't keep track of the conversations.
In the end I just kept one person to chat with, a rather georgeous friend in Canada.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
A lot of these places got rid of chatrooms what seems many moons ago. Some of the ones on clubs were cool and worked pretty well. The tea thread seems to be the nearest thing we have to a chat room (in some ways perhaps not that far off).

kyuss

Veteran
MSN is so 2001, not to mention the fact it's a product of of the evil Microshaft. :ohmy:

I'm a fan of Skype for instant messaging. If you're using OS X though there is now Adium, a program that connects to all the instant messenger systems like MSN, AIM, Yahoo, MySpace, GoogleTalk, iChat, etc. Why limit yourself to one when you can have them all?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I have it, sign in everyday but dont talk much. I cant be talking to 2 or 3 people and be on the internet at the same time. My brain cant keep up. Although, it was msn that made my typing better and alot faster.

gbb

Legendary Member
kyuss said:
MSN is so 2001, not to mention the fact it's a product of of the evil Microshaft. :biggrin:

I'm a fan of Skype for instant messaging. If you're using OS X though there is now Adium, a program that connects to all the instant messenger systems like MSN, AIM, Yahoo, MySpace, GoogleTalk, iChat, etc. Why limit yourself to one when you can have them all?

Funnily enough, thats (2001) about when it was at it's height.
The chat group my wife managed had a couple of hundred regular members worldwide, and they got enormous pleasure, contact and friendship from it.
Quiz nights, help rooms...it was endless.
Its morphed to another place now...but it's never been as good as it was then.
Personal hatred of Microsoft (not mine incidentally) aside, those rooms gave a lot of people a lot of pleasure.

Top Bottom