Anyones right calf muscle larger than their left?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

Noticed the other day that my right calf muscles seem more toned than my left ones.
Is this natural?
Is it because the chainset is that side of the bike?
:tongue:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
No. it is just that you have far too much time on your hands to be worrying about this.

hambones

Someone has suggested a slight change in cleat position to try to correct the very noticeable difference - we'll see how it goes. Personally I feel my left ankle has an inherent weakness which is the cause - and I am aware of it many times every day since I often give my legs a squeeze :rolleyes:

walker

Simple answer for me, answer is no, as I'm left footed

ChrisKH

Guru
Used to be as I favoured my right foot in most things. This was a mistake as it led to deterioration of my right knee. I now try to equilise work on both legs and they are more or less the same size now.

My calves have the same measurement, but the left one is more defined.

Being an ex-cricketer (right arm fast bowler - middle order slogger aggressive batsman) my laitissmus dorsi is far more developed than the left side, so instead of looking like a 'V' it's more like a '[/'.

And being an ex-prop in rugby, I have a distinctive 'buffalo' hump! :thumbsdown:

All in all, a freak! :tongue:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
longers said:
Have you had the pot off then Cathryn?

The plaster's amazing - they cut it in half and then strapped it on, so I've been able to take it off whenever I've wanted, which has been brilliant! The really exciting thing happened on Monday night though when the husband kindly lifted me onto my lovely bike, secured into a turbo trainer and I GOT CYCLING AGAIN!!!

To be honest, we used absolutely no resistance at all and I pedalled very slowly, but being back on the bike was the best thing ever!! I'm going to start gently building up time on the bike this week and then next week introduce minimal resistance. But no pain from the knee or the broken shin, so I'm incredibly pleased!

Have to be honest, I cried when I got back on the bike! Emotional? Moi? Never.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Well my right calf is significantly smaller than my left one:smile:. A side effect from childhood surgery without which I would neither be able to walk or cycle:smile:. I've always been happy with that trade off :smile:(although my bottom brackets have been known to suffer:smile:)

Good news then Cathryn. But no pain no ____....... now what was it again :smile:

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

walker said:
Simple answer for me, answer is no, as I'm left footed

So am I ....but I wasn't sure if that any difference. :tongue:
Strange....but it maybe that muscle tone develops quicker in your lesser used areas.:smile:
When I did weight training I found my left bicep to be larger and my left arm stronger...despite being right handed.

Top Bottom