April 1st Stunts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I'm thinking of going in early to college, locking the workshop doors and sticking a notice on saying:

Workshop closed due to fungal infestation.
Do not enter!

And then let my students sweat it out wondering how to get their furniture work done for the end of term.:biggrin:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I'm thinking of going in early to college, locking the workshop doors and sticking a notice on saying:

Workshop closed due to fungal infestation.
Do not enter!

And then let my students sweat it out wondering how to get their furniture work done for the end of term.:biggrin:

That might just backfire by them saying

'Hooray, a day off!'

...and going to the pub instead :biggrin:

subaqua

What’s the point
several peoples keyboards have had the letters pinged out and rearranged. only the ones usually involved in wind ups that should make for an interesting login time.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
several peoples keyboards have had the letters pinged out and rearranged. only the ones usually involved in wind ups that should make for an interesting login time.

In the early days of the BBC computer a colleague of mine turned some of the cube shaped Microvitec Cub monitors upside down and watched the ensuing chaos in the classrooms of his less tech savvy colleagues.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun

That would only work on someone who couldn't touch type ... though if you moved the F and J both one to the right or left you could probably fool them too :biggrin: .

zacklaws

Guru

In a similar vein, altering the auto correct in Microsoft Office can drive people loopy if they are not in the know. For example, you can change it so that if somebody types a number, it will display a different number, or if they type their name, it can be changed that it automatically changes it to some other name or a sentence even. Just altering the the word "the" to "teh" is enough to drive people batty on its own.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
That would only work on someone who couldn't touch type ... though if you moved the F and J both one to the right or left you could probably fool them too :biggrin: .

That would be a dunny hoke! :smile:

ohnovino

Large Member
I'm waiting for a few more staff to get on their computers, then I'm logging into to the admin account and sending out this message:

"Warning: Windows has detected excessive moisture levels in your network. Remove the ethernet cable immediately and leave it in a warm, dry place until all moisture has evaporated."

I'll let you know how many fall for it...

moralcrusader

We've sent a circular to everyone this morning advising that due to our ISO 14001 environmental comittments, we are putting a 300 litre composting bin in the office kitchen for food waste. Cue much consternation about the smells to come...

ohnovino

Large Member
I'm waiting for a few more staff to get on their computers, then I'm logging into to the admin account and sending out this message:

"Warning: Windows has detected excessive moisture levels in your network. Remove the ethernet cable immediately and leave it in a warm, dry place until all moisture has evaporated."

I'll let you know how many fall for it...

Well that wasn't much of a success. One person fell for it and phoned me asking which one was the ethernet, but the others just click "OK" on any message without reading it first. Explains a lot ... :rolleyes:

oliglynn

Über Member
I blu-tacked my colleague's mouse to his mousepad, after taking a print-screen and putting it in a powerpoint presentation consisting of 2 slides of his screen, with the second hyperlinking to the first, thus the presentation not ending upon a mouse click!

Clever thing was, the mouse thing threw him, and he thought i'd somehow screwed his mouse up with the blu-tack and it took him quite a while to realise what was actually going on! :biggrin::biggrin:

GM

Legendary Member
I like the one our local Tesco store did a couple of years ago, on their fish counter they were advertising Cod's wallop £1.50 kg.

Top Bottom