April showers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...Jacket on...Jacket off...:eek::rolleyes::biggrin::rolleyes:

Erm, are you a slow learner, BTFB? :eek:

Plax

Guru
I went for a quick ride this afternoon before Dr Who. It was nice and sunny when I made my mind up to go for a ride. By the time I'd got all my gear on it went dark and overcast. When I got outside it was drizzling. I decided I was going anyway and put all the waterproofs on. Got to the top of the road and the heavens opened and the wind picked up. I carried on anyway. Even though I couldn't see anything through my glasses and the wind was really blowing the rain at me so I had to squint over the top of my specs. Thankfully I opened my eyes before I cycled into the parked car.
It calmed down a bit a few miles into my ride (and it helped that I wasn't cycling downhill at speed with my eyes half closed). Took a few country lanes I'd never been down before. Rather enjoyable 10 miler in the end and I got home in time to clean the bike, jump in the shower and make a cup of tea before David Tennant oggling time.

derall

Guru
Out this morning, glorious weather (although rather blustery) so stayed out slightly longer than intended. The planned two hour, 40km ride turned into just over five hours and 105km (my first century of the year). Fifteen minutes after I got home the heavens opened for an almighty hail storm. Ten minutes later and we had glorious sunshine again, and that's the way it has stayed for the rest of the day.

Guess I was just lucky because I saw signs of rain at various places along the way, but never experienced any rain.

Dave5N

Über Member
Plax said:
I went for a quick ride this afternoon before Dr Who. It was nice and sunny when I made my mind up to go for a ride. By the time I'd got all my gear on it went dark and overcast. When I got outside it was drizzling. I decided I was going anyway and put all the waterproofs on. Got to the top of the road and the heavens opened and the wind picked up. I carried on anyway. Even though I couldn't see anything through my glasses and the wind was really blowing the rain at me so I had to squint over the top of my specs. Thankfully I opened my eyes before I cycled into the parked car.
It calmed down a bit a few miles into my ride (and it helped that I wasn't cycling downhill at speed with my eyes half closed). Took a few country lanes I'd never been down before. Rather enjoyable 10 miler in the end and I got home in time to clean the bike, jump in the shower and make a cup of tea before David Tennant oggling time.

You live in Wales. This isn't news.

Plax

Guru
Dave5N said:
You live in Wales. This isn't news.

LOL - very true!

Top Bottom