Arch's bike spotted.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I like that - but I don't think I would want to ride it when it was wet! But it certainly would be unique.
biggrin.gif

Arch

Married to Night Train
:biggrin:

I've thought about doing that myself, but never got round to it, and yes rain would be an issue....

I'm intrigued by the sock puppet thing on the saddle....

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Rumour has it that Summerdays new steed was parked at the next post ?

dsc_1483-1.jpg

Simon
wink.gif

Yep - I could ride that for casual trips ... maybe minus a couple of bits of flounce :biggrin:.

It's covered in a knitted "bike cosy". Probably because it lives in Sweden and gets cold in winter, so the owner has covered it to avoid flesh and freezing metal contact.

So is it common to cover the bike frame like that - it would make sense thinking about it ... though not if the snow started to accumulate on it.

is the tubing actually knitted?

I just get this vision of some scrote picking an end, and the bike unravelling as you cycle off!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I just get this vision of some scrote picking an end, and the bike unravelling as you cycle off!

No you want the opposite ... the scrote nicks your bike but doesn't know that you have sellotaped one end of the thread to the bike stand and it disappears underneath him:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train

It's a security feature. You fasten it to your door, and when you get 'there' there's nothing to have to lock up. To go home, you just re-knit it as you go...

I think....

Oh, and to go on longer rides, you just have to carry more yarn... You just end up with a bigger bike when you get back.

Davidc

Guru
To do one of her trips in France Arch is going to have to knit a bike trailer, just to carry extra bales of wool.

There will have to be threads (groan) on CC about how many miles you can go on a needle, the 'method' for lubricating them, and long discussions about what sort of lighting is needed to knit bikes at night where there's no street lighting.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Not to mention the old Steel vs Bamboo needle debate... (for me, steel).

4ply vs DK? Acrylic vs Cashmere? Garter Stitch vs Stocking Stitch?

Top Bottom