Are Christmas cards ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mozzy

The biggest holy load of bowlocks going? I mean to say; the office thing where peeps you see very bl00dy day hand deliver to your desk????&^%$ WTF. Never gave one in all the years I was working, just couldn't see a reason for it.

Next is hand delivering round yer Hood. WTF is that? I hate opening teh mail box and finding hand delivered unstamped cards in envelopes; and on occasions they don't even know your name, hence it says something like "To all at Seaview (made that up my house is not called that just in case you were thinking of annoying me with a card)! From all at Dunroamin." I mean .... perlease; just don't bother, I couldn't give a flying f....

Husband and Wife ?????? You err see each other every sodding day; WHY give one another a feckin card?

On the few I send, and it is peeps I think about or mean something to me, that I don't see either through circumstance or miles apart, I really choose the words carefully. So many have such poetic crap inside. Slop or what?

It's probably just me out on my lonesome, but tis what I think. It just seems 'we' are brainwashed into it by the card makers.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Miserable git.

Hang loose.

Go with the flow.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Christmas cards are a waste of paper, money and stamps. And the extra fuel to deliver them.

Maz

Guru
I had a xmas card years back from the family at No.28. It read:
"To No.22,

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year

From No.28"

Made me LOL but it's the thought that counts, I suppose.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
i receive them but don't give them... although I should. Especially since i designed a set of 20 many moons ago.

I did years ago get a card off my brother and wife which simply said "from Bill and Jenny", which i found particularly offensive... at least write the recipients name in the sodding thing so it doesn't appear that sending this batch of so called 'greetings' is nothing but a burden for you (to$$ers).

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I've just seen another thread about "secret Santa" ,, cards are small fry compared to that scam ,, after work in the pub or shop i wouldn't talk to 90% of the people i have to work with so to buy a present for them is a no no no .

OP
OP
Mozzy

Mozzy

Oh I hso hope this is going to become a 'bring it on' thread.

'Mental Hozzy?' I ask you .... been there done that:becool:

Noted the response on what's inside (other than any cash ... yee har) er indoors will say ..."did you read what it said inside?" ..."NOOOOOOOO" I say; ...."well you should" she says!!

"Arrr OK ...." Yawwwnnnnnnnnnnn. Well be fair it's written by machine or some ol Granny getting paid a penny for each one they use. I coulden't actually give a toss what it says (pre printed crap that is). Curious to see what the sender has written. Two so far with computer printed signatures ...sigh.

Top Bottom