are my legs ok & am i pedaling ok

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

Sorry, I cannot see anything:wacko:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
bonj said:
No. They can't be - you're not going anywhere.
:biggrin::biggrin: And you really should stop the back wheel before attempting a dismount!! :tongue:

Seriously though, no real idea. Seat height could maybe do with raising slightly, but other than that it looks okay (although the bike looks tiny somehow).

Ben M

Your saddle is a bit too low, your leg isn't extending enough.

To set it correctly, sit on the seat and put your heel on the peddle, your leg should be, only just locked, out straight. That way when you peddle normally (with the ball of your foot) you have a slight bend in your leg.

You do also seem very upright.

Radius

SHREDDER
Seat needs to be raised, legs are nowhere near straight enough, I think you're holding too far back on the hoods, but raising the saddle could rectify that...

Randochap

Senior hunter
Internet forums are not the best place to get your bike fitted.

However, I'll agree with the consensus that your saddle looks a bit low. The bike actually looks a bit small. This, in turn, requires the seatpost to be exposed more than it should and throws your weight forward.

Saddle height is pretty much a standard to enable biomechanical efficiency and protect knees. Bar height is not such a given. No one can command you to follow an inflexible rule on this setting ... because it will depend on your flexibility and needs. Comfort is the only golden rule. If you need a higher handlebar position for whatever reason, don't let anyone tell you different. Experiment with position.

Also, your elbows look locked.

Finally, here's a primer on bike fit.

jimboalee

Randochap said:
The bike actually looks a bit small. This, in turn, requires the seatpost to be exposed more than it should and throws your weight forward.

Sorry RandoChap, I don't understand this.

Maybe a 2cm smaller frame will have a seat angle 1/2 degree steeper, but this can be taken out with a set-back seatpost and/or shifting the seat back.

The stem can be brought up higher with a slightly longer reach.

His handlebars look too high anyway, so that might not be a problem.

The frame size looks OK to me.
Just take the seat up and lower the stem to get your lower back to 45'.

OP
OP
T

tempessuk

Frame size is 54
I,m 5.8ft 29ins leg
top tube is 548mm
seat tube bb-top is 500mm
Thanks to everyone for they advice

jimboalee

I'm 5'8" and I have a 54cm Spesh SWorks. Can't get a bike fitting better.

I have a 33" inside leg measurement which is a 'normal' 51.5% Seated Height Ratio ( SHR ).

Check you inside leg again by subtracting your seated height from your standing height.

Top Bottom