Are the EU being Shellfish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkers

Über Member
And round and round it goes. You seem to only be able to view the situation from your own preconceived perspective, and have brushed over the fact that people there view it in many different ways to you.
I'm not preconceiving anything about the people of NI. I could ask those people that I know on the IofI (well actually I have) what they think - but that's a somewhat limited view compared to actual referenda results, especially in one case one as high as 94.4% - that's pretty high dontcha think?

I imagine even you must think that a result like that means something at least? There I go with my alternative facts again.

I'm not preconceiving anything about the people of NI. I could ask those people that I know on the IofI (well actually I have) what they think - but that's a somewhat limited view compared to actual referenda results, especially in one case one as high as 94.4% - that's pretty high dontcha think?

I imagine even you must think that a result like that means something at least? There I go with my alternative facts again.
Yep, there you go with your alternative facts.

It's not got you far on here, or in the real world by the sounds of things, and all the time you ignore the facts that don't fit, and possibly manipulate others, as you've tried with my posts, I can't see that changing.

So, as this thread is supposed to be about shellfish, I think your campaign is perhaps better presented elsewhere to let these people get back to their fish. :okay:

monkers

Über Member
Yep, there you go with your alternative facts.

It's not got you far on here, or in the real world by the sounds of things, and all the time you ignore the facts that don't fit, and possibly manipulate others, as you've tried with my posts, I can't see that changing.

So, as this thread is supposed to be about shellfish, I think your campaign is perhaps better presented elsewhere to let these people get back to their fish. :okay:
Well, I admit my skills in wrestling eels are lacking. There's another fun fact for you.

I'm a bit loathe to get into was seems to be an increasing round in circles debate between a few members but the original post was about the EU and shellfish not about the benefits, or lack of, leaving the EU.
Here in France the subject of the UK is rarely mentioned in the media. They have reported on the violence in Belfast but not tied it too closely with Brexit.
France and I expect the rest of the EU nations, have moved on. The UK has left and they are just carrying on with day to day business.
Great play was made of other countries having their own Frexit, Grexit etc. but little sign of that happening. If the UK does pull a rabbit out of the hat then it could all change.
The EU will not make it easy for the UK, why would they? It's not in their best interest.
I'm sure this was mentioned at the time of the referendum.
How many years will it be before the subject of brexit doesn't rouse passions from both sides? I'm afraid it'll be a generation at least.:sad:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I didn't ignore them, I responded to state I wasn't going to lay them out, no matter how hard people stomped their foot. Had you read that, it could have saved you pointlessly disrupting the thread. :okay:
I did , and all the the other ones where brexiteers fail to disclose any facts that they don't have . So why not just give us one to be getting on with.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
It's kind of good news but the water classification is based on microbiological sampling results, not an arbitrary government decision. If suddenly a load of waters have jumped a class thanks to a miraculous simultaneous improvement in numbers of faecal bacteria, it smacks of some creativity as to just how and where the latest samples have been taken from. There's also a time element needed for consistency of results, which seems to have been met remarkably quickly.

It's a fairly high risk strategy because shellfish that were previously purified abroad as Class B now don't need to be purified at all as Class A. If their source waters are still effectively Class B in all but name, you could see some related disease outbreaks as a result and the industry back into chaos. With an industry at stake, it is probably worth a gamble but still......

Before I retired, I had two people in my teams assigned to do oyster sampling on a new site from low tide river mud flats. The health and safety risk assessment for that was interesting. We had two legit fishermen waiting to use the bed. Within a month of published classification, word got round that the oysters were safe and the site was stripped of all of them by illegal fishing. The irony of all this was that no fishermen knew the site was there until someone who did, an objector to a docks development, who said at a large public meeting that it would be at risk if the development went ahead. All that did was seal its doom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom