Are the EU being Shellfish?

teething troubles
:rofl:

We're a third country to the EU. This is the new normal.

We haven't even implemented our own border controls yet...

Implicit threat that if the UK doesn't continue to allow the EU to take our fish for free then the EU won't sell the UK their excess electricity.

By 2026 windpower in the UK will have doubled so the EU can keep its electricity
It's great stuff this.

The leave campaign promised control of our fish.

The leader of the leave campaign himself negotiated a "great deal" for fish.

We didn't get any more fish.

Worse still (subject of the thread, lest we forget) we can't even sell some of the sea food we were previously catching!

Your conclusion from this: it'll all be sorted in 2026 when we'll definitely get all the fish.

:rofl::cry:

Simultaneously hilarious and tragic.

At what point will you realise you were sold a pup? How many years and deals will it take, or is it a case of the Max Plancks that's required for the country to wake up?

Kajjal

Veteran
Being a third party country outside the EU means being dependent on the deal that is agreed. The UK specifically chose the current deal when many others were available. Due to this UK exporters to the EU are being over run with costs, bureaucracy and non tariff barriers making them at best less competitive and at worse unable to trade profitably with the EU customers any more. The revealing part is the UK has allowed EU imports to the UK to flow freely making it even harder for UK companies to compete in their own market.

The revealing part is the UK has allowed EU imports to the UK to flow freely making it even harder for UK companies to compete in their own market.
That's for the very simple reason that we would quite literally starve if we put in place the measures to take control of our borders.

It seems unclear as yet when, or even if, we will have sufficient bureaucracy in place to do that.

Taking back control, innit.

byegad

Legendary Member
Looking into my crystal ball this won't be the only thing the 52% clearly knew about that will come as a shock.
Nasty EU just wants to punish the UK, I can see the headlines in certain papers.
People must remember we had an oven ready deal though fish wasn't part of it I guess.
I'm expecting the up sides to become clear any day now.
You're surely not forgetting 'the easiest trade deal ever negotiated'?

byegad

Legendary Member
Being a third party country outside the EU means being dependent on the deal that is agreed. The UK specifically chose the current deal when many others were available. Due to this UK exporters to the EU are being over run with costs, bureaucracy and non tariff barriers making them at best less competitive and at worse unable to trade profitably with the EU customers any more. The revealing part is the UK has allowed EU imports to the UK to flow freely making it even harder for UK companies to compete in their own market.
Also, while the EU has a lot of border officials we have very few, we are unable to process incoming goods the way the EU can.. But the deal was 'oven ready'!
ROUND OBJECTS!

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
There was always going to be initial teething troubles, especially as we're still only just out, and even some aspects that will be negative, such is life, but I'm not sure what people think will change if they're raked over on a forum.

Finding some sort of pleasure from what you seem to believe is misery, seems a strange way of passing the day, but whatever floats your boat I suppose. :becool:
Of course, it's worth pointing out that the remoaners aint moaning, as has been the case right through this whole sorry debacle, it's the leavers that are whining. It makes no odds what was put in front of them, they whinge about it, nothing would ever be enough. Pleasure in misery indeed.

Brexit most certainly did not, and does not, mean Brexit.

It is an unfortunate fact that so many are able to say, "Yep, said that'd happen". Which of course gives the leavers something else to moan about. It's your shoot leavers, own it.

Now, whatever happened to all those laughing, crying smilies?

Rocky

Reprobate
There you go :smile:

Of course, it's worth pointing out that the remoaners aint moaning, as has been the case right through this whole sorry debacle, it's the leavers that are whining. It makes no odds what was put in front of them, they whinge about it, nothing would ever be enough. Pleasure in misery indeed.

Brexit most certainly did not, and does not, mean Brexit.

It is an unfortunate fact that so many are able to say, "Yep, said that'd happen". Which of course gives the leavers something else to moan about. It's your shoot leavers, own it.

I'm a leaver, and I'm not moaning. I don't feel I'm alone in that either. :hello:

Rocky

Reprobate
Next will be cheese. Like all divorces, the acrimony has a long way to go. Sad but time to move on.
There'll be a lot more than cheese, according to my farming cousin. It is sad, and in his case it may mean that his farming business goes bust. I take no pleasure from the situation.

Top Bottom