Are you a morning or an evening person?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I am very much a morning person - I bounce out of bed early, alert, wide awake, ready to go, bursting with energy! I physically can't stay in bed past 8am unless I have had a late night. I do my best work in the morning and tend to flag by the afternoon, needing to be in bed by 11pm at the latest.

One thing that winds me up more than many other things is when I am going on a long journey with someone who is happy to get up late, yawn, pad around for an hour in pyjamas and slippers, eat breakfast at 10am, watch a bit of TV, slowly pack the car, then lazily leave at around mid-day on a Saturday, to sit in a traffic jam all afternoon. It totally drives me nuts!! That being said, I had I been a kid today, I would have been diagnosed with ADHD for sure - my energy levels were completely off the chart when I was a kid and still can be today! I can't sit still for more than five minutes during the daytime.

P.S. I don't intend this thread to become a battleground for morning and evening people, but perhaps popcorn may be in order! :biggrin:

vikingcyclist

Is calling myself half and half cheating?

As long as I get six to eight hours sleep, I'm happy to wake up bright and perky, and happy to stay up late, with no real change throughout the day/night.

The problem comes in if I miss a nights sleep, or get less than six hours.

Archer

To be honest I do like the mornings and usually get up early.

Only problem is I need an hour, or three, to myself when I first get up. My partner usually wakes up wanting to talk & generally being overly happy - never a good start.

This is when I get accused of being grumpy. I don't see much wrong with being grumpy - I quite enjoy it.

Unless you have a bacon sandwich & a cup of coffee in your hands just leave me alone in the mornings.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Not a morning person at all. Never ever woken up bright and bouncy ever. Even when fully awake in the morning lack energy and feel I should be eating something to stay 'normal'. Much better at studying in the afternoon and evening up till about 2am. Rarely if ever gone to sleep before 1am. Prefer late afternoon and evening cycles. Find it very difficult to get out on the bike on a Sunday till about 4pm.

darkstar

I'm an evening person, still a student, though I think i'll always be that way inclined. I can easily sit up till 6am without realising and usually choose to do any work at night time. I also enjoy to train at night time, either running, cycling, weights or yoga, not sure why, might be because it quiet.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I’m a mid morning person

Fiona N

Veteran
I used to be a morning person - when I lived in Perth (Australia) I used to be up before 6am on Saturday to get down to the farmers' market early :blush: - but I'm getting better. I do find that I can still spring (stiffly) out of bed, ready to go but I save t for occasions when I need to :biggrin:

Now I find my concentration peaks around midnight - I definitely do my best work between 9pm and 2am

jdrussell

I would say I am both. I can never lie in ever. Unless I go to bed at a ridiculous time of night. But normally on a weekend I'll be up no later than 9am. I like the evenings too though. So yeah bit of both ;)

ChrisKH

Guru
I would say I am both. I can never lie in ever. Unless I go to bed at a ridiculous time of night. But normally on a weekend I'll be up no later than 9am. I like the evenings too though. So yeah bit of both ;)

That is a lie in in my book, but then anyone with kids will view it that way.

Hockeynut

Über Member

I'm like that at weekends.

But why is it I can never get up like that to go to work!? And then when the weekends come around, I can't lie-in at all! 8am if I'm lucky!
sad.gif

Top Bottom