Are you doing, or want to do, JOG-LE this July/ August?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

samdrew

Hi.
My name's Sam, and I'm a 23 year old male.
I've been planning and organising to do the end-to-end trip for the past few months. Unfortunately, with two weeks to go, my partner has dropped out of the trip, for unavoidable reasons. I'm due to leave Plymouth by train on the 27th July, to leave JOG on the 29th July (I'm doing the trip the other way around).
I am therefore looking to join up with anybody, individual or group, who is undertaking the trip at around the same time (I can be very flexible; I have the entire summer free) so that I don't have to do the entire trip on my lonesome. If you'd be willing to have me tag along with your group, please get in touch:
sam.drew@bathspa.org
Similarly, if you know of anybody else who's undertaking roughly the same trip, or even just a section of it, please put me in touch. And if you haven't planned to do the trip, but you fancy it, then get in touch anyway! All the planning has been completed, so anybody who wants to slot in would be very welcome.
Some details: I'm planning a mix of camping and youth hostels, and have made bookings, but these can be changed to fit in with any group I am able to join. I will be bringing camping gear including two man tent (just for me at the moment, but I'm not fussy!) cooking stove, pans etc; overnight bike cover; strong D-lock... various other stuff. My bike is a Dawes Galaxy, and I've trained for the trip to be able to carry the weight over the necessary mileage. Details of my currently planned route are available on request, as a rough idea I am planning to do the journey in 18 days with daily mileage between 40 and 80 miles.

If you're even vaguely interested, then please get in touch sooner rather than later, and we can discuss it.
Sam

wyno70

Sam, I'm plaaning to leave JOG on 4th August but I'm doing it very lightweight and NOT camping etc. I'll be B&B/ hotelling along the way. I'm planning to get it done in 8 days, so may catch you up somewhere along the route if you are taking it at a leisurely pace. Maybe swap mobile numbers and catch up somewhere along the way if we are sticking to similar routes.

Matt.

Top Bottom