Are you happy where you live????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

I must say I am.

Love the house
Like the street
5 mins from the countryside
10 mins from the city centre in the car or train
Decent cycling routes when I do go out
Decent Indian near by (very important)
Half decent local
No hassle getting home from a night out from the city
Decent schools when Greedo Jnrs come along

postman

Legendary Member
Yes.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Yes. Only reservation is it would be nice if the countryside was a bit more accessible. But that's just the price you pay for living in The Greatest City On The Planet!

U

User169

Yes, but working at home today and can hear the bells from the New Church.

nieuwe%20kerk%20delft.jpg

Rather implausibly, they've just played "obladi oblada"!

speccy1

Hate it:biggrin:

Horrible neighbours, scabby area, the only plus point is living 5 mins away from Dartmoor

That`ll teach me to buy a house on impulse:thumbsup:

GrasB

Veteran
Yes... else I've moved.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The house isn't anything special but it's warm, dry and secure.

The garden isn't anything special but we look west over open fields so we get real weather and sunshine.

The neighbours are brilliant, especially after our nightmare 6 years ago when drug dealers moved in next door.

We are 1 hour from Windermere and on the edge of the Ribble Valley, with the Pennines to the east and the West Pennines to the south, Dales to the north, perfect for road and off road cycling.

Once away from the town, traffic is light and on an early Sunday ride I might not see a car for an hour.

Our water comes from a reservoir up the hill and is delicious.

We seldom pay full price for anything as we are surrounded by places like Boundary Mill Stores and other mill discount shops as well as close to Ribble Cycles. We have a dozen bike shops within cycling distance.

There must be 10 to 15 great craft breweries within 20 miles producing excellent ales and 3 or 4 great pubs serving the ales correctly within 5 miles.

Gti junior's school: 10 minutes. Mrs Gti's worK; 5 minutes beyond that and she works school hours only.

Manchester, a fantastic city with great shops and attractions: 30 minutes.

So yes, pretty happy.

longers

Legendary Member
I'd prefer it if there was a decent greengrocers, bakery and working trainline.
Other than that it's sound.

Generally, yes.
We live in the Wye Valley, in a town that tourists visit.
We got the house for a bargain.
We're close to the countryside - five minutes' walk and we're there.
We're also only five minutes' walk from the town, which has three good Indian restaurants, some good pubs and lots of small local shops.

The only downside is that we're between the town and a big council estate up the hill, so all the chavs walk past our house after Friday and Saturday kicking out time. So far we've had a wingmirror kicked off one of the cars and a house window cracked, and every Saturday and Sunday morning we pick up takeaway cartons and bottles out of our garden. But we can live with that.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Nice big house- needs work, but what the hell :hyper:
Work half hour/fifty minutes on a bad day away by public transport, hour and a bit by bike with a lovely ride most of the way
Can be in countryside 5 mins walking, 2 min cycling, and if I go north or west, it's beautiful cycling country....
Lovely views out back of house, busy road out front is the down side
Nice town, good for bringing my kids up in, excellent schools, all 5 mins walk away
Lovely neighbours
So..er... yes, thank you :bravo:

Top Bottom