• Yes I think its a good idea to make members map a sticky

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No I don't think its a good idea to make members map a sticky

• Yes I think its a good idea to have Area sub forums

• No I don't think its a good idea to have Area sub forums

• Other -don't know ,don't care, whats a sub forum anyway ?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

Ahhhhhhh we have a members map buried away out of sight so that nobody is aware of it or can even find it if they were.:smile:

Is it possible to put it as a sticky at the top of the beginners thread so that new members can request to be added and everyone can see where it is at a glance. ?

Where it currently is , in Panter's sig line in miniscule font no new member would ever see it it or be aware that there was a members map.

It might be useful sometime to perhaps consider a subfolder for geographical areas (ie SW, SE, )so that we can organise CC rides and get togethers and maybe even pool resources to help other members with fixing bikes ,lending special tools, pre-purchase inspections, local collection and post , keep up to date with local events ,rides etc etc.

whaddya fink?:angry:

JamesAC

I don't usually need a map to find my member.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
peanut said:
Ahhhhhhh we have a members map buried away out of sight so that nobody is aware of it or can even find it if they were.:sad:

Is it possible to put it as a sticky at the top of the beginners thread so that new members can request to be added and everyone can see where it is at a glance. ?

Where it currently is , in Panter's sig line in miniscule font no new member would ever see it it or be aware that there was a members map.

It might be useful sometime to perhaps consider a subfolder for geographical areas (ie SW, SE, )so that we can organise CC rides and get togethers and maybe even pool resources to help other members with fixing bikes ,lending special tools, pre-purchase inspections, local collection and post , keep up to date with local events ,rides etc etc.

whaddya fink?;)

I agree with the map being a sticky... its more of a welcome to members rather than a sticky saying "don't ask these questions you muppet... loads of people have asked it before and we are bored!!"

Although not so keen on regionalised folders in a special area... that means all the northerner's would stay in there little folder and all the scots in theirs.....

actually ignore me great idea! :biggrin:

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I think it's a great idea.;)

I put it in my sig line because I thought it would be better than nothing and there is a steady, but slow, increase in members being added because of it.
Aside from that, I would never have know it was there at all so I think it would be good to have a sticky or something to make it more prominent.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I put myself on it then promptly forgot all about it. In fact till I saw this post I'd forgotten there was one.

OP
OP
P

peanut

interesting to see that 2x members have thought it a bad idea to make the map a sticky ? one wonders what possible reason there could be to object really ?:wacko:

sorry Chris forgot to say well done on your stirling work on keeping the map going . If it wasn't for you the map would probably have died allready

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I think the map being a sticky is a reasonable idea. It used to be more prominent than it is now, but there are a great many people not on it.

As for CC branches, I think this is a very good at idea. CC and informal rides, clubs and events could do with being divided up into different branches for the mouseketeers, the home counties people, FNRTTC, Yorkshire Rides, Scotland rides and whatever CC branches want to set themselves up.

Shaun

Founder
marinyork said:
As for CC branches, I think this is a very good at idea. CC and informal rides, clubs and events could do with being divided up into different branches for the mouseketeers, the home counties people, FNRTTC, Yorkshire Rides, Scotland rides and whatever CC branches want to set themselves up.

This is something I've been thinking about too - having area specific CC groups, and then creating sub-fora (or even web pages) to give out contact info and highlight the members and the local area's covered.

Let me know how the vote goes ... :wacko:

Shaun

Founder
Oh, and I thought the map sticky was a good idea too, so I've added it to the Cafe.

Should I duplicate it in Beginners and Commuting too?

Panter

Just call me Chris...
peanut said:
sorry Chris forgot to say well done on your stirling work on keeping the map going . If it wasn't for you the map would probably have died allready

Thanks Peanut, but it's all credit to Bonj's hard work, I've only been adding people the last 3 months or so.

Incidentally, and unexpectedley;), I've had a flood of new "applicants" by pm.
Ok, it's a small flood, but a flood none the less :wacko:
I will add you all this evening, the works pc doen't like copying avatars for some reason so I'll do it from home, just bear with me and I'll get there :eek:

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Admin said:
Oh, and I thought the map sticky was a good idea too, so I've added it to the Cafe.

Can't do any harm in beginners, not sure how relevant it would be to commuting though. Any other thoughts anyone?

OP
OP
P

peanut

sorry Shaun wasn't really thinking about the cost and work implications of doing something like this. it was just an idle thought that popped into my head as usual I'm afraid.:biggrin:

To be honest most forums I know that have split up into sub forums have ended up with lots of dead forums that no-one ever sees.

OP
OP
P

peanut

Admin said:

I think that would be a great idea . :biggrin: all members must sign up or be punished :wacko::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom