Argh & Awww!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got told of for wearing my cyling shoes at work yesterday by big boss - I thought I could get away with them as a) we have no customer contact, :sad: nobody sees my feet and c) they are black and don't look too much like trainers. That was the "argh" part - now have to take a pair of shoes in on top of a change of clothes :ohmy: Wouldn't be so bad if we had lockers, but at this rate I'm taking over the communal coat cupboard!

The "Awww" part was on of the trainers that came in last night just before I was leaving at 10pm. Her: "You are not riding home on a bicycle are you? It's dangerous!" I confirmed I was - response: "But you'll make sure you stay on the pavement, won't you?". I said I wouldn't - reply: "Will you get some lights for your bike then?" Hmm...I had actually thought of that myself! :biggrin:

Can you not leave a pair of shoes at work? That's what I do.

Jake

shoes always at work, clean jeans each monday morning and a clean shirt/t-shirt every morning. plus of course, underwear everyday as in cycle gear on way in.

Mondays are hell as have to bring in a lot, what with sarnies, friut, yogurts, nuts and whatever else, books, legins for when its cold, goretex jacket for trip home if colder. Snorring, sorry I will stop now

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
magnatom said:
Can you not leave a pair of shoes at work? That's what I do.

Will have to...just one more bit of faffing and they just end up amongst loads of other crap in the communal coat cupboard - retrieving anything from there is like hunting for hidden treasure...:wacko:

thomas

the tank engine
punkypossum said:
Got told of for wearing my cyling shoes at work yesterday by big boss - I thought I could get away with them as a) we have no customer contact, B) nobody sees my feet and c) they are black and don't look too much like trainers. That was the "argh" part - now have to take a pair of shoes in on top of a change of clothes :wacko: Wouldn't be so bad if we had lockers, but at this rate I'm taking over the communal coat cupboard!

I'd try having a word with the big boss. If you've obviously cycled in I don't think it is unreasonable to be in cycling gear and anyone would be able to tell that you've cycled in, not that you're a slob.

I'm only part time but I leave my shoes and trousers in the desk draw. In my old shop retail job I pushed my bike, in full Lycras and cycling gear, through a busy shop. Manager didn't have a problem, got a few weird looks from customers but I just ignored them.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Shoes at work - best way.....

Your manager will soon get used to you...we are all nutters riding a bike on the road.....

With our CTW scheme, I believe the boss doesn't think anyone could possibly spend £1000 on a bike....oh yes, very easily..... Speaking to a colleague, so what will you do with your other bike....erm ride it.....and the other 2.....had to explain why I needed 4.....and more..... Do you collect them...nope I use them....

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
We are not even allowed bins under desks (or anywhere). Shoes on the floor would just be taking it too far...Nope, the coat cupboard it will have to be...

Once I change my shifts, I will be able to stay out of management's way...the shoes might get phased in again then...

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
I like the fact that everyone has shoes under their desks just like me!

At the moment I have a cardboard box with 3 pairs of shoes, one pair of trainers and 3 pairs of sandals! I also have a couple of skirts hanging up next to my bookshelf and about 4 pairs of trousers, a couple of jumpers and 3 shirts folded up behind me on the same shelf!

I wouldn't mind but I can't be arsed to get changed half the time and am sitting here in the t-shirt I cycled in in and the trainers and socks I had on too - my only concession to the fact that I am in the office is that I have got a pair of jeans on and not my lycra 3/4 length shorts - at 5pm I will nip into one of the interview rooms and quickly whip off said jeans and pull on lycra shorts!

Anyone else as lazy as me?! (I work in a city centre firm of Solictiors too so I am lucky I get away with it!!!)

biking_fox

Guru
Toe-Clips, then you can ride into work in your work shoes and still manage to pedal properly. Using a plastic cage rather than metal will reduce the scuffing of the shoes.

Carwash

Señor Member
Could you get a pair of those sort of insubstantial ballet pumps that seem to have been fashionable with women for the past couple of years? They look like they could fold up small and be stuffed in a saddle bag. Just a thought.

Top Bottom