Arise Sir Tom !!!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Get your boots on, we're going for a walk.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
There are hundreds, indeed thousands of people who have knowingly put their personal safety at risk over the last 2 months.

Theirs will arrive shortly, I am assuming?
I think the govt could honour them by ensuring in future a much better resourced health service. I don't think even this government is too thick to realise this must have widespread support amongst the general population.

As for Sir Tom, he is being honoured as an individual who wanted to help, and who has caught the public imagination at home and abroad, but also as a representative of so many others who have done the same, albeit without their contribution becoming so publicly known.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I think the govt could honour them by ensuring in future a much better resourced health service. I don't think even this government is too thick to realise this must have widespread support amongst the general population.

As for Sir Tom, he is being honoured as an individual who wanted to help, and who has caught the public imagination at home and abroad, but also as a representative of so many others who have done the same, albeit without their contribution becoming so publicly known.
I wonder if recent events haven't illustrated that the NHS is able to cope with Global Pandemic, so a few A&E cases will be easy (said with an element of humour, but with serious intent).

I've long said that we simply must address this issue of end-to-end care on a non-political basis, and I haven't the slightest idea why, in an era where BoE no longer controls interest rates, it isn't attractive to the politicians to at least in part rid themselves of this poisoned chalice by establishing some kind of governance process semi-independent of politics.

matticus

Über Member
There are hundreds, indeed thousands of people who have knowingly put their personal safety at risk over the last 2 months.

Theirs will arrive shortly, I am assuming?
I don't think Major Tom put himself at risk to do this, so I don't see the logic here.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well deserved award to Sir Tom. I only hope the money is not going to be wasted on paying managers and other suckers. It would be nice if we were told what has been bought with it and where it is going.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I don't think Major Tom put himself at risk to do this, so I don't see the logic here.
Exactly. He just thought he'd do a few laps of his garden to raise a thousand pounds or so. I'm not having a go at him,more this social media culture where everyone wants to 'give' and be seen to be giving. Giving him a knighthood is the same. The PM and the Queen want to be popular so they've done a 'look at me every body',i've got him a knighthood!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I think he did a great job in raising the money and it was wonderful how everyone rallied around.

I really dont think he deserves a knighthood for walking up and down his garden though. There must be more worthy recipient's who have been working tirelessly for years.

But I dont begrudge him his award though.

Top Bottom