Arise Sir Tom !!!

dodgy

Legendary Member
It's difficult I think. I mean - would you rather have a holiday to Barbados whilst you are still alive, or stay safe in your house for another year and die anyway? Once you are over 100 there are a myriad of things that are going to finish you off. In another respect it's actually quite brave of him. My nan is coming up for 101 in April and you wouldn't get her on a motorway let alone a plane!
Not this again. This isn't about you having your last holiday - it's about you NOT INFECTING OTHERS.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Knew it. Squaddy raises millions then jets off to a Caribbean island for a sun-kissed holiday with hookers and ching.

icowden

Über Member
Not this again. This isn't about you having your last holiday - it's about you NOT INFECTING OTHERS.
And if you are over 100 years old that might not be uppermost in your mind.
Regardless, it's a red herring as he acquired the infection significantly after returning to the UK - as others have said, most likely from the hospital (another place my aged Nan will absolutely not go!)

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 😷
Oh hokey kokey kokey
Not at his age, he'll do himself a mischief.

Craig the cyclist

It's so desperately sad and frustrating because we're supposed to be able to trust our government, we're supposed to believe they have our best interests at heart, we're supposed to expect them to behave honestly, we're supposed to know they will make wise decisions. So I do get where you're coming from, on both this and the 'other' thread. We can only expect the public to follow the advice, laws and guidance that they've been given. But sadly doing that leads to things like this:

This might be the family I was thinking of. It's desperately desperately sad, they trusted the advice and did what they were told.
But one of the people who died didn't feel well, he had Covid symptoms, but went anyway. The advice was don't get together if you feel ill. He did, so he didn't follow the advice did he?

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 😷
But one of the people who died didn't feel well, he had Covid symptoms, but went anyway. The advice was don't get together if you feel ill. He did, so he didn't follow the advice did he?
Ah well, I didn't know the full story. Given the possibility of asymptomatic transmission it's still poor advice though, and poor messaging.

Top Bottom