Armstrong charged and banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Sheryl Crow did Alpe d'Huez in 89 minutes. She's a rock star. Its obvious she was on the drugs too. She should be stripped of her 9 Grammy Awards and have a life time performing ban. :wacko:
Keep digging that hole, you're not too far from Australia now.

MichaelM

Guru
A couple is two. To try to claim that a couple of hundred is not 200 is sheer desperation. Hamilton in the ESPN clip says just after 6:30 in that he had a couple of hundred tests despite your categoric claim that he didn't.

Are you telling me that you genuinely believe that Hamilton used the term "a couple of hundred" to mean 200 exactly? (especially after you'd put the other interview in an earlier post).

Watching the Vuelta yesterday brought home to me the on-going damage to cycling by dopers. To see two drug cheats put in 'remarkable' feats even had the ITV-home of Phil Liggett-4 team raising eyebrows at the end. Their commentary team were completely uncritical and hyperbolic in the best Liggett-Sherwen tradition, but having been gripped by the first 2 weeks I just can't watch it anymore.

If this goes on much longer I might have to sue Pharmstrong andf UCI myself.

Are you telling me that you genuinely believe that Hamilton used the term "a couple of hundred" to mean 200 exactly? (especially after you'd put the other interview in an earlier post).

A couple of hundred, two hundred, they mean the same thing. Now you can argue about what he meant by that but you cannot argue that he didn't say he took a couple of hundred/200 tests. Did he mean exactly 200? Did Armstrong mean exactly 500?

tigger

Über Member
Did Armstrong mean exactly 500?

Still being a bit finicky aren't we? Maybe he meant around 236? At least that's what one commentator has put forward.
Sorry if this has been posted before, I thought this was a well reasoned analysis and worth a read (mainly as I concur!)

http://www.sportsscientists.com/2012/08/the-armstrong-fallout-thoughts-and.html

1. "Lance passed 500 tests. He must be innocent"

This is straight from the press release, because it's been Armstrong's most used retort to the doping question. Two things:

First, there is no way he was tested 500 times. DimSpace has compiled a record of all the possible tests Armstrong may have been subjected to, with over-estimates, and it comes to 236. So there's more than a little hype in that number that started at 400, then hit 500, and just like that fish your uncle caught on his summer vacation in 1997 grew in size with every story-telling, ended up around the 600 mark.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Give it, and us, a rest now.
Ignore the trolls - I heartily recommend it. If all the sensible posters did the same we could get this thread back on track.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
<Mod hat on>

119 pages, 2365 posts - time to wrap it up now.

The matter has been decided.

Move on now.

Thread being locked (with OP's consent)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom