Ashes to Ashes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

Did anyone watch it last night. Was it any good??

I've got it recorded and will watch it tonight. Quite liked the last series

gavintc

Guru
I enjoyed it. Compared to much of the pure drivel on tele these days, it was entertaining.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
There are some classic Gene Hunt lines in there, including one which is almost a blatant rip-off of "Monkfish" from the Fast Show ! :ohmy:

The 'voices' from 2009 coming through via the TV, old women, dogs etc did start to irk a bit though. Once every now and again in the series would be fine, but so many times in one episode ?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Loved Life On Mars.... was disappointed by 1st series of Ashes... thought I'd watch episode 1 of this series to give it a go.... very good... will stick with it, I reckon....

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
John the Monkey said:
Oo, that's good to hear. I thought the last one was dreadful in comparison to Life on Mars, and couldn't be bothered with it from about 3 episodes in.
Well, it's funk to funky then! :ohmy:

Blackandblue

Agree with the above comments. It shows promise.

TWBNK

It just took the first series to settle down.

Life on Mars was pure class, both series, Ashes took a little getting into as it was a comparison. I really enjoyed last night though.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

All positive so far. Sounds good.

Looking forward to a glass of wine and some Keeley eye candy tonight!:wacko:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I thought Life on Mars was fab - great idea. Ashes to Ashes just seemed like a poor bandwagon rip off. I only really stuck with the last one out of habit, and last nights, well, it was ok, but I'm not sure it's so much better. I'll probably still stick with it out of habit again though. Mostly for the nostalgia/music. I think the culture shock just lessens as time goes on though, and the culture shock for Sam was the key thing for me.

Top Bottom