England : Kent Ashford to Rye Saturday 10th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I will be otherwise engaged. Possibly riding NE quite a long way to take advantage of that wind. Hope all goes well!

Another option would be to pick a date further in advance - that might give more opportunities for people to commit to doing the ride. Looking through my calendar for the next spare weekend, I've got Sunday 6th August available!
Totally agree! This time of year folk have many social commitments, not all associated with riding bikes, so a few weeks notice would enable diaries to be manipulated!!

I've got Sunday 6th August available!
Me too. This ride sounds great.

sotkayak

Veteran
[QUOTE 4831781, member: 21629"]And that's why I give few days notification only. There already are a few rides during the summer (if talking about cycling) where will most of us meet each other. My rides are more for people who woke up in the morning without an idea what to do and having few spare hours or all day. For people like me - without family/children, without things to do at home or work etc. Something like any cycling club ride for people who like slower rides.

Of course I can ride on my own without advertising anything but if someone are able to join me - why not?[/QUOTE] ''
Looking at wind forecasts I consider 2 options for this ride:
1. Catch a train from Ashford to Rye, enjoy late breakfast at The Pilot (or somewhere at Rye) and then head back to Ashford. Strong tailwind all way home.

2. Cancel the ride if the wind will become too strong, no need to risk. ''

I like the sentiments in the quote and the route plan , OMG .....Unfortunately working this Saturday . Also ,I am so slow ,as you guys know ,I'd join you at the Pilot and amble up to Ashford way way behind ...but work precludes this.

Top Bottom