Votes: 1 50.0%
  • assos for function and style

• assos for function

• rapha...end of

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

I don't want to start another "fight" re costs of assos and rapha - no, seriously I don't. I have no problem with people spending lots of money on cycling kit nor do I have any problem with people spending little money...blah, blah, blah.

What I was wondering was:

To me Rapha seems to be "style" focused.
To me assos seems to think about "substance", and "style" has followed.

Any thoughts? No need for argument as there will be no right or wrong and I know there are other manufacturers to consider, but I want to stick with Assos and Rapha...

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'd go with Rapha...butb then I'm a tart at heart. I just like that retro-ish italianate scene.

simonali

Guru
A few years ago Rapha only made a few woolly black jerseys and some caps, but now they make quite a few bits and bobs like lycra tights and shorts, so I'd have to go with Assos, but only on function. Rapha are probably the more stylish of the 2 mefinks, but I've not actually touched any of their stuff with my own hands.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
The only bit I've got from either are the Rapha black leather mitts and they are excellent. When I want real quality I just get my gear from Rohan and as I ride a recumbent I don't need funny pants which have got bits of leather stuffed down them.;)

yello

and Tchibo

mondobongo

Über Member
Some people will buy anything with a Rapha logo on, the new Catalogue mine arrived Monday never even thought about ebaying it! Looked at piccies and went how much.

Top Bottom