At the age of 41 i've learned..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
.. to mount my bike from the "wrong" side.

And I can do a rolling dismount from the wrong side too.

It felt really weird the first time I tried it.

At the age of 49 I don´t think I´m ready yet for that kind of advanced manoeuvre! ;)

Lisa21

Mooching.............
ComedyPilot said:
At 42, I have learned there is a 'wrong' side to a bike.

+1:biggrin:

Mind you, there is a right and wrong side to mount a horse, it should always be from the left. And true to form mine will only let me get on on the right.;)

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
[goes outside to check]

Oh yes, there is another side to it, isn't there?

gavintc

Guru
This is worrying thread, I will have to have a look at the 'wrong' side. I know that I cannot put the 'wrong' foot down. Perhaps at 52, it is time to go the dark side of the bike.

Jane Smart

The Queen
I did not know that there was a wrong or right side, I just thought it depended on which is most comfortable for the rider:becool:

Lisa, I don't think that I could ever mount a horse on the right - good on you girl :blush:

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
The thing that encouraged me was this: some time ago someone over at YACF posted some images of an old girl guide manual or something. For the cyclists badge one of the requirements was to be able to mount and dismount from both sides of the bike.

Christ, I thought. I'd better figure out how to do that or I'll not be able to live with myself. I went to the park after work and had a go.

Next up: flying remount from the wrong side.

Top Bottom