Attempted left hook

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Oops! I have a few of those videos. Glad you weren't hit, that's for sure.

I saw a fun one on Tuesday, similar car, left hooked another cyclist in the bus lane in Catford. I was OK, since I was riding in primary behind her. Gave her a right bollocking, and the police car following me turned off after her. I didn't stop to check, but I'm hoping he pulled her over for words.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Almost got left hooked when I was in my car the other day (the shame)....

The woman driving in the RH lane neglected to check to see if anyone was in the LH lane before she pulled over to turn off - I beeped and she turned her head to see me (but missed her turn - sorry luv) but was too busy BRUSHING HER TEETH whilst driving to be paying attention to the road. :ohmy:

That was a first for me - seen people doing hair / lippie / lighting fags / phone... but brushing your teeth whilst driving????? WTF? ;)

domtyler

Über Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Almost got left hooked when I was in my car the other day (the shame)....

The woman driving in the RH lane neglected to check to see if anyone was in the LH lane before she pulled over to turn off - I beeped and she turned her head to see me (but missed her turn - sorry luv) but was too busy BRUSHING HER TEETH whilst driving to be paying attention to the road. :ohmy:

That was a first for me - seen people doing hair / lippie / lighting fags / phone... but brushing your teeth whilst driving????? WTF? ;)

Were you at the CREST of a hill? If so, it is no wonder she didn't SIGNAL really.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'd have been tempted to aqua-re-fresh her memory about the highway code...

And it that failed, use my Arm and Hammer on her window...

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Well the bus lane was blocked past the turn, and it's a bit of a nasty junction. It's the obvious place to be, and which is why she didn't left hook me, but did the other cyclist.

As for the comments about getting heavy on her car, you lot must be as unobservant as she was. What part of "police car following me" didn't you see?

yenrod

BentMikey said:
Well the bus lane was blocked past the turn, and it's a bit of a nasty junction. It's the obvious place to be, and which is why she didn't left hook me, but did the other cyclist.

As for the comments about getting heavy on her car, you lot must be as unobservant as she was. What part of "police car following me" didn't you see?

Bent - these will 'wind you' till the cows come home...

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
What do you mean by "these". If it's the left hooks, then no problem, I love my airzound and I'm usually alert to left hooks before they risk me!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
BentMikey said:

oh come on, when did the facts ever get in the way of a good (or bad) pun...?;)

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Nice to think the Moton might not have made a Macleans getaway and got a ticking off from the local Police Floss!
BM there should be a plaque in your honour.

Oral hygiene puns? The molar the merrier!

OP
OP
cntl

cntl

the old good(?) ATC2K

http://www.actioncameras.co.uk/ATC-2000.html

They released two new versions ATC3K and ATC5K.
Personally I would consider ATC5K, as it has a built-in LCD
display, so you can preview your videos, etc, and it is only
around £100 (based on US price):

atc5k_lg.jpg

I bought ATC2K for around £55, new, from USA).