Audio drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Funk-Meister

Could anyone please post a link to common audio drivers. A google search brings up a list of dubious sites which i am not sure i want to download from. I lost the drivers when reformatting the HD. Thanx in anticipation

errrr... any idea what hardware you have? and what operating system?
If you're after drivers proper; the website of the manufacturer is the best spot.

If you're after codecs rather than drivers; it's another story....

Debian

A cautionary tale here.

For whatever PC you have, download a full set of drivers, or at the very least network card and graphics drivers, while it's working properly. Burn them to a CD or a dedicated memory stick.

Then when you do get a problem that requires a reinstallation of the OS you have the drivers to hand. Without at least the network drivers you can't get onto the Internet in the first place to get them.

Admittedly this is less of a problem with Windows 7 than it was with XP but still worth doing.

rh100

Debian said:
A cautionary tale here.

For whatever PC you have, download a full set of drivers, or at the very least network card and graphics drivers, while it's working properly. Burn them to a CD or a dedicated memory stick.

Then when you do get a problem that requires a reinstallation of the OS you have the drivers to hand. Without at least the network drivers you can't get onto the Internet in the first place to get them.

Admittedly this is less of a problem with Windows 7 than it was with XP but still worth doing.

+1

At least keep the original disks if you can find them

If it's codecs you're after, then klite seems to do a good job, google search should bring it up.

Top Bottom