Average speed......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bianchi1

Guru
Km/h !!!

RedBike

Its hard comparing average speeds for a commute. Traffic lights, junctions etc all slow you down more than you'd think.

I would be happy enough for 16mph for my commute.

OP
OP
andyfromotley

andyfromotley

wow the laws of mathmatics/physics/cycology dont apply because i do something spin and mikey dont like......thats cool.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
andyfromotley said:
wow the laws of mathmatics/physics/cycology dont apply because i do something spin and mikey dont like......thats cool.

Ahahahahaha! I'm just commenting that your average isn't nearly so impressive when it doesn't include stopping for red lights, at least the slowing down and speeding up bits.

You wouldn't be so slow in a few months if you did stop for red lights because of the extra effort involved, and thus the better training effect. Not that commuting is particularly good training anyway.

maurice

For me, on the way in it's around 16.3mph, on the way back around 17.7mph. No RLJ, but there's not too many lights on the way. (14 miles each way)

cupoftea

Average speeds are really difficult to compare. My route has over 100 sets of lights and how I catch them will affect my average. In addition if you cycle into a headwind you'll get another speed even though you might be working your nuts off.
RLJing is not the only dangerous way of speeding up your average. Getting juiced up, dangerous undertaking or overtaking, the list goes on.

If you want to find out if your fast on a bike, try racing on a track.

That’s a better, safer and more fun way to find out whether you're whippet or a whale

or you could just enjoy your ride

OP
OP
andyfromotley

andyfromotley

oh i am definitely a whale............ just wondered if i was a quick one.
who said i don't enjoy my ride??

Whoa people are fiery on here today, hey dont worry its friday, long blast tomorrow, hooray

cupoftea

andy sorry not having a go

Racing can be fun

It's just I see some people on the roads racing and taking too many obvious risks

Sorry, have a nice weekend :-)

Top Bottom