1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avoid the bike shop.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by red_tom, 16 Jun 2008.

1. red_tom

red_tom New Member

Just to give you an update on this thread. They made a remarkably sensible offer which, after taking advice, I've accepted. I could have gone to court and made everyone involved thoroughly miserable to potentially get a bit more cash but it just wouldn't have been worth it.

I'm going to end up with a pretty hefty lump sum to put in a savings account* until the housing market settles down and I've worked out where I want to live. I'll grab somewhere to rent until then.

Thanks again for everyone's kind words and advice.

Cheers

Tom

*With a really long access time. None of the money will be used for another bike. The money is all to be used for a house. Repeat - do not go any where near the bike shop until the money is in the savings account. ;)

2. hubgearfreak

hubgearfreak Über Member

glad you got out of a house split with both parties fairly happy & no extra wealth for lawyers:smile:

http://www.pashley.co.uk/products/guvnor.html

sorry:blush:

3. longers

longers Veteran

I put the money from very similar circumstances into Premium Bonds.

After buying a bike :biggrin:

The Bonds did very well but the main problem was that it's very easy to dip into them. It's in bricks and mortar now. Good timing eh?

4. [subliminal/] BUY A LOVELY NEW BIKE! You know you want to. Repeat.[/end subliminal]

5. postman

postman Legendary Member

Well done red tom.Now to move on.All the very best to you.

6. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

It's always best to settle when both parties are reasonably happy, saves laying awake at night fretting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!