Away day to Bute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gasinayr

Über Member
Taking day off work next Friday and going to Bute for a nice day on bike. Great island for cycling, quiet roads and the views are outstanding. Great place for lunch at the south of island ( Kingarth Hotel )

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Enjoy!
Bute is lovely.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
does anyone know if the cycle path between Lunderston Bay and inverkip has been done yet
Somebody answered that question in another post recently, the other day?

It took the local council almost two years to spend the 2013 grant to renew lighting on route 75...

OP
OP
gasinayr

gasinayr

Über Member
Well a good day was had yesterday, weather a bit overcast and slight wind but fine. Had a good run round the island and stopped at Scalpsie Bay where the Seals were putting on a good show. On to The Kingarth Hotel for lunch which was excellent, bit of bother getting leg over bike after lunch. On through Mount Stuart and back to Rothesay and ferry to Wemyss Bay. That is what days off work should be for !
Here's to the next day off.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Well a good day was had yesterday, weather a bit overcast and slight wind but fine. Had a good run round the island and stopped at Scalpsie Bay where the Seals were putting on a good show. On to The Kingarth Hotel for lunch which was excellent, bit of bother getting leg over bike after lunch. On through Mount Stuart and back to Rothesay and ferry to Wemyss Bay. That is what days off work should be for !
Here's to the next day off.

and cycling?
Wot a day out:laugh:

Sandra6

Veteran
We were in wemyss bay recently and went over to cumbrae with the intention of hiring bikes but the place had been taken over by drunken middle age cowboys so we got the next ferry back!

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
We were in wemyss bay recently and went over to cumbrae with the intention of hiring bikes but the place had been taken over by drunken middle age cowboys so we got the next ferry back!
@Sandra6
An unfortunate occurrence but Millport is only part of what you would have cycled..
It is worth the effort to go round the island
The scenery is worth any inconvenience,
lots of picnic opportunities around the island (and a cafe at Fintry Bay) :okay:

Sandra6

Veteran
Thanks for the tip, there was a distinct lack of information about what to do when we got there.
I had expected cycle hire at the ferry port, but we had to pay another £12 for the overcrowded bus just to get to millport.
It kind of went downhill from there.
I'll know better if there's a next time.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Thanks for the tip, there was a distinct lack of information about what to do when we got there.
I had expected cycle hire at the ferry port, but we had to pay another £12 for the overcrowded bus just to get to millport.
It kind of went downhill from there.
I'll know better if there's a next time.
If your up again,
I'm sure there are more than a few of us on the forum willing to help find/pass on information on the area for you....

Sandra6

Veteran
It was a recommendation from this site that led us to wemyss bay in the first place, I should've asked better questions.
We did enjoy our break though.

Top Bottom