Awful headaches after wearing a helmet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I've just finished a heck of a hard ride ( well I finished at 12 but) and despite it being one heck of an effort I feel fine, apart from my head, I always seem to get the worst headache in the world after wearing a helmet , why ?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Does it fit right/is it adjusted right? I get headaches from glasses if I wear them for a long time, I think its where they press beind my ears.

Also what ride did you do?

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Fit the helmet so that it is a fingers width away from your eyes. Tighten it so that it stays on when you lean your head down but can be removed without any effort. A tell-tail signs or a tight fitting helmet is a red light across the forehead.

without sounding vexatious, where was this info gotten from? every helmet manufacturer will have different instructions, for example specialized have a ratcheting system below the ear line and some others have it above. i'm just pointing out that every helmet is different and gary is an experienced rider.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
without sounding vexatious, where was this info gotten from? every helmet manufacturer will have different instructions, for example specialized have a ratcheting system below the ear line and some others have it above. i'm just pointing out that every helmet is different.

This is basic information that has been taught on every cycling course I have been on.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
eye level and removed without effort, it's totally different to open vents ones, it sits low and kinda 'hooks' onto my head with the fastener at the back. it came with instructions tho so i know how to fit it, level, front to back and side to side. if i wore my open vented one that snug, i'd be asking for headaches.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
eye level and removed without effort, it's totally different to open vents ones, it sits low and kinda 'hooks' onto my head with the fastener at the back. it came with instructions tho so i know how to fit it. if i wore my open vented one that snug, i'd be asking for headaches.

Fair enough. Maybe I should have clarified that I was talking about open vented cycle helmets.

Top Bottom