#Ayup batteries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
mine are also 3 years old. Not detectable diminution in output thus far.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Lithium ion batteries will degrade over time. Three years might be sufficient, if they aren't looked after. Batteries degrade faster when stored fully charged, and at higher temperatures, which is why the normal advice is to store them half-charged in a cool place. But I'd expect to see a reduction in runtime rather than output. Has the runtime decreased? Have you got a spare battery pack you can try?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Lithium ion batteries will degrade over time. Three years might be sufficient, if they aren't looked after. Batteries degrade faster when stored fully charged, and at higher temperatures, which is why the normal advice is to store them half-charged in a cool place. But I'd expect to see a reduction in runtime rather than output. Has the runtime decreased? Have you got a spare battery pack you can try?

AyUps advise storing fully charged iirc

Wobblers

Euthermic
[QUOTE 1245311"]
Yup, Ayup advise topping them up during periods of non-use.
[/quote]

That's to prevent the batteries becoming over-discharged as a result of self discharge (all batteries will slowly lose charge when unused).

Battery manufacturers tend to recommend storage at 50%. (Scroll down the link!)

The people behind Battery University have done some research and recommend storage at 40%. Note that storing a fully charged battery will result in the permanent loss of 20% capacity in only a year.

Top Bottom