B*ll*cks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Argh....

Been up to local carnival all day on and off with the kids, my wife decided to do the car boot - getting rid of various prams, small bikes etc - most has gone..........yes.....I get some space back in the garage :smile:, but a bed rail fell over and smashed my rear lamp on the car.....:biggrin:

Cheapest quote so far (on-line scrap yards) is £85 :smile: - (don't want to phone the stealership) Don't think my wife took that in takings...... ah well......that's life......... :biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Join the club! Just had my wing mirror knocked orft by a passing lorry yet again! (I live on a busy road)... it's getting taped back on this time....

Mortiroloboy

fossyant said:
Argh....

Been up to local carnival all day on and off with the kids, my wife decided to do the car boot - getting rid of various prams, small bikes etc - most has gone..........yes.....I get some space back in the garage :biggrin:, but a bed rail fell over and smashed my rear lamp on the car.....:biggrin:

Cheapest quote so far (on-line scrap yards) is £85 :smile: - (don't want to phone the stealership) Don't think my wife took that in takings...... ah well......that's life......... :biggrin:

The Lord giveth...And the Lord taketh...:smile:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Oh, it get's worse...... car will now not start ! I'm at home, wife stuck in a field......

Given the electronics in the car (it's 6 years old but the latest shape Nissan Primera) I know that a blown bulb in the rear clusters can shut the car down - so with the tail lamp being damaged, I bet the computer has shut it off...

I've called the AA for her - will have to see how long it takes to get her going.

No doubt it will be all my fault ! ;)

Globalti

Legendary Member
Online scrappie? Sounds expensive! Just motor down to your nearest scrapyard and get one for a few bob.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Thing is, there aren't many Primera Saloons...... nothing on the bay - so will see what quotes come in on Monday... might just keep an eye out for a week or two - it's missing a 3x2cm area of glass - got tape to waterproof it though !

Battery flat was the non-starter.....

fossyant said:
Argh....

Been up to local carnival all day on and off with the kids, my wife decided to do the car boot - getting rid of various prams, small bikes etc - most has gone..........yes.....I get some space back in the garage :biggrin:, but a bed rail fell over and smashed my rear lamp on the car.....:biggrin:

Cheapest quote so far (on-line scrap yards) is £85 :?: - (don't want to phone the stealership) Don't think my wife took that in takings...... ah well......that's life......... :ohmy:

Fossyant, we both need a drink. I'll get the first round.
http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14338&page=3

Top Bottom