Back in the saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Holdsworth

Über Member
:wahhey:

As some of you may remember, I lost my job in November and have been unemployed since, so no commuting possible.

Still little luck so far and not one interview since early December aside from one scheduled for this Thursday. So anyway I visit my old agency today intending to update my profile with a new CV and see if there were any openings. When I get there I see my old contract manager who promptly offers me some ongoing temp work in a warehouse at the same site as my old job, goodness knows how long it will last but it is full-time for the time being. That means an 18 mile round trip for 5 days a week! :bicycle:

Plus with the extra wages (around 4x what I receive on JSA per week) I will be able to afford some new bits for the bike in a few weeks time ^_^

Now hopefully I can leave the past behind me and move on from being screwed over by old boss who employed me in his telescope-making business for a month and a half after leaving the agency.

BTW today is my 20th so that is a great birthday present to receive :birthday:

:bravo:Great news. Fingers crossed everything pans out well for you :thumbsup:

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Happy Birthday, and congrats on the job.
party-smiley-020.gif
party-smiley-052.gif
party-smiley-048.gif

I bet you'll have a few lbs to lose if you've not ridden for a while?

Attachments

• party-smiley-020.gif
    party-smiley-020.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 36
  • party-smiley-052.gif
    party-smiley-052.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 27
  • party-smiley-048.gif
    party-smiley-048.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
Holdsworth

Holdsworth

Über Member
Happy Birthday, and congrats on the job.
party-smiley-020.gif
party-smiley-052.gif
party-smiley-048.gif

I bet you'll have a few lbs to lose if you've not ridden for a while?

Certainly right on the weight thing. I have put on a stone over Christmas and I haven't done more than 250 miles in all for the entirety of January.

Attachments

• party-smiley-048.gif
    party-smiley-048.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 33
  • party-smiley-052.gif
    party-smiley-052.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 30
  • party-smiley-020.gif
    party-smiley-020.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 25
D

Deleted member 1258

:wahhey:

As some of you may remember, I lost my job in November and have been unemployed since, so no commuting possible.

Still little luck so far and not one interview since early December aside from one scheduled for this Thursday. So anyway I visit my old agency today intending to update my profile with a new CV and see if there were any openings. When I get there I see my old contract manager who promptly offers me some ongoing temp work in a warehouse at the same site as my old job, goodness knows how long it will last but it is full-time for the time being. That means an 18 mile round trip for 5 days a week! :bicycle:

Plus with the extra wages (around 4x what I receive on JSA per week) I will be able to afford some new bits for the bike in a few weeks time ^_^

Now hopefully I can leave the past behind me and move on from being screwed over by old boss who employed me in his telescope-making business for a month and a half after leaving the agency.

BTW today is my 20th so that is a great birthday present to receive :birthday:

Well done, lets hope it leads to permanent work, and a happy birthday
When I was made redundant in 2010 I spent several days visiting agency's, filling in forms, handing round my CV, generally talking to people and making it known I was looking for work. One of the agency's was one I had worked for about 5 years previous, the guy who handled the contract was still there and recognised me. A few days after I visited them I got a phone call asking "if I was interested in stores work in Nuneaton", I said "when do you want me to start?" the reply was "we will send a car round to pick you up in half an hour". After I was there about six months one of the warehouse lads left and his job went on the internal notice boards, I applied and got the job and am still there, two years down the line.

Top Bottom