Back packs, Rucksacks ------ Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

itchyrider

Aka Chris
Hello CC'ers, I need some help here?

Can anyone recommend a rucksack that has some kind of venting system for your back & of a 15-20 litre capacity.

As i'm looking around but there's nothing that i can get cheap??
or whats everyone using???

Regards Chris

McrJ64

I know your problem. In the end I bought a cheap one from Sports Direct for £6 and glued/sewed a couple of strips of velcro horizontally across the bag, one high up and one low down. I then glued the partner velcro onto some foam pipe insulator and cut it to the right length. This arrangement keeps the bag about 1.5 inches off my back and helps massively. If I want to use the bag off the bike, I just unzip the velcro strips.

aberal

Veteran
I have a Berghaus Freeflow which has a mesh back which holds the pack away from your back. It works - you won't feel the sweat with it. Mine is the 35 litre for a day's walking but they do a 20 litre version as well. I couldn't reccomend mine more highly to be honest - one of those rare items that has been beautifully designed with a strap/pocket/zip for just about everything and everything in its proper place. Thing is - it's not cheap. You gets what you pay for.

Norm

Berghaus are good, I've got a Lowe Alpine Airzone 30, which is fantastic for cycling.

You need something narrow and long, the usual walker's requirement is for the pack to sit close to the back but that's not such an issue for cycling when you are leaning forward. Conversely, a good waist strap helps on a bike, so the weight sits on your hips rather than shoulders.

Top Bottom