Back side of knee pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Razor

Hello,has anyone experienced pains at the backside of there knees after a long ride .it hurts to even walk and doesnt seem to get better after a few days.The pain comes from around the knobbly bit on the outside of the knee, even when i touch it .i dont like running to the doctor with these things as i know what he will say when i tell him i went on a 40 mile bike ride.
Thanks in advance:cycle:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Yeap, similar distance triggered it off for me. I found those sideways bends where you cross your legs and stretch to the side before and after helps it.

OP
OP
R

Razor

marinyork said:
Yeap, similar distance triggered it off for me. I found those sideways bends where you cross your legs and stretch to the side before and after helps it.

thanks i'll give that a try .i wondered whether some of that deep heat stuff would help

chetty

I've picked up a few niggles since May building up from zero to 30 miles on a Saturday plus a 60 miler on Sunday at a good pace.

When needed, I have used 400mg of Ibuprofen taken 1 hour before the ride to avoid problems. The anti-inflammatory action is the key.

Haven't needed this for the past few weeks - guess the legs are now getting acclimatised to the bike.

Top Bottom