1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bar end lights

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by LLB, 4 Apr 2008.

1. LLB

LLB Guest

I was out on my bike yesterday (m/cycle, not roadie) and I overtook a roadie with these on the bar ends. He had them in flashing mode, but they were so high profile they are flipping brilliant :ohmy:. Anyone use them ?

[​IMG]

2. yenrod

yenrod Guest

I'm sure you can get these no name ie without trek on them !

3. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

4. LLB

LLB Guest

They were mega bright, and everyone was giving him a wide berth. I was rather impressed with them :ohmy:

5. simonali

simonali Über Member

I'm confused as to why you'd need a pair?

6. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

I had some, as did Baggy. The trouble with them, as with so many odd/novelty lighting add-ons, is that they are not very reliable and eventually get forgotten about. But they are very good when they work.

7. LLB

LLB Guest

Because I like gadgets, and they worked very well ;)

8. I just ordered some of Yorkshire's recommended - I like the idea - anything to try and keep the tos*ers at bay I think. (On my left and on my right too):angry:

9. simonali

simonali Über Member

I meant a pair as opposed to a single one! :thumbsup:

You'd only really need one mounted on the right of the bike, wouldn't you?

Still, some lucky folks have more than one bike!

10. LLB

LLB Guest

A, yes I see what you mean. What I likes about his were they were like lazer beams from the back, even in daylight, they didn't have any writing on them though. Shall have to take a look in the local LBS

11. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

The ones I use from PBK have a little LED on the side so cars coming out of junctions should in theory be able to see you.

12. Forgot to mention that I ordered two sets on Sunday and got them on Tuesday.
    Very neat and a (comparitively) good price at the moment.
    Need to try them but not wishing away the lighter days though...:biggrin: