Bar snack combinations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brock

Last night on the booze I was in discussion with my fellow drinkers over which bar snack combinations would produce the most pleasing textural and flavoursome beertropic 'taste sensations'. We came up with the following:

• Salt and vinegar crisps with salted peanuts - An old and much loved classic.
  • Mini Cheddars with Twiglets - A fantastic combination of crunches and flavour. Cheese and Marmite!
  • Cheese Quavers dipped in Tomato juice with a dash of Worcester - a bit like pizza
  • Ritz cheese sandwich with Peperami original - Gently open the sandwich and push slices of Peperami into the gooey cheese stuff.
  • Beef and mustard crisps with dry roasted peanuts - Untried this one, possibly ok.
  • Chili flavour peanuts with Peperami hot - spicy, meaty, crunchy.
  • Honey roast peanuts with Bacon streaks (Frazzles) - The winner of the night, a bona fide taste sensation!

We couldn't think of anything that would compliment pork scratchings or scampi fries, maybe a pickled egg.... :angry:
Any other ideas for creative bar snack cuisine?

Keith Oates

Janner
Fruit and Nut Chocolate, never thought I'd say that until a couple of years ago when I was coerced into trying the combination, it was OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Brock

Brock

A friend of ours likes to get a packet of salt and vinegar crisps with a pickled egg thrown in.. Forgot about that one.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I think the first suggestion and the last suggestion are the good uns. The others sound pretty revolting to me :smile:.

OP
OP
Brock

Brock

marinyork said:
I think the first suggestion and the last suggestion are the good uns. The others sound pretty revolting to me :tongue:.

No no! The second suggestion, twiglets and mini cheddars is absolutely divine! I suggest you get down your local and try it with a couple of ales. You could try asking the barman for a serving of 'chedlets', but he probably won't know what you're on about.

OP
OP
Brock

Brock

Bigtallfatbloke said:

........... Pretzels and what? Salted cashews?

Top Bottom