1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bar snack combinations

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Brock, 5 May 2008.

1. Brock

Brock Senior Member

Last night on the booze I was in discussion with my fellow drinkers over which bar snack combinations would produce the most pleasing textural and flavoursome beertropic 'taste sensations'. We came up with the following:

• Salt and vinegar crisps with salted peanuts - An old and much loved classic.
    • Mini Cheddars with Twiglets - A fantastic combination of crunches and flavour. Cheese and Marmite!
    • Cheese Quavers dipped in Tomato juice with a dash of Worcester - a bit like pizza
    • Ritz cheese sandwich with Peperami original - Gently open the sandwich and push slices of Peperami into the gooey cheese stuff.
    • Beef and mustard crisps with dry roasted peanuts - Untried this one, possibly ok.
    • Chili flavour peanuts with Peperami hot - spicy, meaty, crunchy.
    • Honey roast peanuts with Bacon streaks (Frazzles) - The winner of the night, a bona fide taste sensation!

We couldn't think of anything that would compliment pork scratchings or scampi fries, maybe a pickled egg.... :angry:
    Any other ideas for creative bar snack cuisine?

2. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Fruit and Nut Chocolate, never thought I'd say that until a couple of years ago when I was coerced into trying the combination, it was OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Is that a 'bar snack combo' to take away the taste of Tsingtao Keith?!!!

4. Brock

Brock Senior Member

A friend of ours likes to get a packet of salt and vinegar crisps with a pickled egg thrown in.. Forgot about that one.

5. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

I think the first suggestion and the last suggestion are the good uns. The others sound pretty revolting to me :smile:.

6. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

No the Tsingtao is good, after the first 6 or 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Brock

Brock Senior Member

No no! The second suggestion, twiglets and mini cheddars is absolutely divine! I suggest you get down your local and try it with a couple of ales. You could try asking the barman for a serving of 'chedlets', but he probably won't know what you're on about.

8. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

9. Brock

Brock Senior Member

........... Pretzels and what? Salted cashews?

10. Lardyboy

Lardyboy New Member

How about sweet chilli flavoured Doritos with salted peanuts? Bit satay like perhaps?

11. Brock

Brock Senior Member

oooh I like your style lardy!