Barclays Bikes,

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Backchat

Hi there,

I am actually a sports student writing my dissertation and have compiled a 2 minute survey to find out the usability of the bikes. I have never personally used one and personally think ergonomically they look uncomfortable?

Please do leave a comment on this thread if you can enlighten me with any of your personal experiences or follow the link to take my 2min survey (And I assure you it really does only take 2 minutes :smile:.

http://www.zoomerang.../WEB22CDN7B8A58

Thanks for your time in advance folks!

Si

OP
OP
B

Backchat

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi

I understand what you're trying to look into with your dissertation but an honest response with a practical issue like this is to actually have a go on one - you can insert your debit/credit card in and have use of them for quite cheap - check TfL website for details and costs.

Without having tried it yourself, your premise of them being uncomfortable may not be very well founded; especially if it's something you're just assuming. Practice is as good as theory in something like cycling and without having had first hand experience of the bikes the critique could be very one sided, biased or incorrect. I haven't used them myself (keep meaning to) as have a load of bikes at home so it's pointless me filling in your questionnaire but the other side of things is if you have tried them then it gives you insight into what people's responses in the questionnaire may actually mean.

Bite the bullet and give them a go. Your research and dissertation will be stronger and more robust if it is well researched and insightful, not just some accounts from other people.

Good luck with it!

OP
OP
B

Backchat

LOVE THE FEED BACK, MANY THANKS TTCYCLE...AND JUST SO YOU KNOW TRIED ONE OUT AT WATERLOO AT THE WEEKEND AND WAS PRETTY IMPRESSED! NOT SUCH A BAD RIDE AFTER ALL ;)
Hi

I understand what you're trying to look into with your dissertation but an honest response with a practical issue like this is to actually have a go on one - you can insert your debit/credit card in and have use of them for quite cheap - check TfL website for details and costs.

Without having tried it yourself, your premise of them being uncomfortable may not be very well founded; especially if it's something you're just assuming. Practice is as good as theory in something like cycling and without having had first hand experience of the bikes the critique could be very one sided, biased or incorrect. I haven't used them myself (keep meaning to) as have a load of bikes at home so it's pointless me filling in your questionnaire but the other side of things is if you have tried them then it gives you insight into what people's responses in the questionnaire may actually mean.

Bite the bullet and give them a go. Your research and dissertation will be stronger and more robust if it is well researched and insightful, not just some accounts from other people.

Good luck with it!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Good stuff!!

Hope that gives you a bit more flesh for the hypothesis for your dissertation- suppose you've changed your mind about them - not to sound like your lecturers but never assume, test, test and re-test and keep pushing your ideas. Once you settle on something solid then find evidence etc to back it up and make a persuasive case.

Top Bottom